News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring Back Tone(What you hear when dialing)

Started by larrybob, December 08, 2011, 12:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

I am setting up the obi for use in Brazil. I was able to adjust the dial tone to match the Brazil Standard
(425-16,425-16,450-16;20)

I was scratching my head where to change parameter controlling the ring you hear when making a call.

I finally realized it was the Ring Back Tone Parameter. I am using Tone profile B to make all my changes .
The original ring back tone in profile b:
400-18,425-18,450-18;-1;(.4+.2,.4+2)

The correct one for Brazil
425-18;-1(1+4)

This is the correct tone , a long tone with 4 seconds of silence.

Larry

Paulo

Do you know if it is possible to use an external ringback tone? I want to set up one from this site for my company, but I am not certain whether it is possible or not.

larrybob

That is a good question, I do not think it is possible, you should re-post the question as a new thread, in setting up the device section.. Larry

rameshrai

maybe this ring back tone works might be useful to you, it is an animation of signal flow

CoalMinerRetired

Ring Back Tone and Ring Cadence are two things, two terms, I learned on here.

Ring Back Tone = what the person dialing hears when the call connects and the dialed phone rings. It is usually generated by the "Central Office" switch where the call terminates, i.e., may vary by country or by terminating phone carrier.

Ring Cadence = the ring pattern you hear when you receive a call and your phone rings and silences and them repeats the pattern.

Interesting note: When you hear the ring back tone when placing a call, the ringing phone is not necessarily ringing with the same cadence and pattern as what you hear awaiting the call to be answered.