News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 110 Google Voice and Sprint

Started by defelradar, December 09, 2011, 11:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defelradar

I'm am looking at getting an OBi 110 to use Google Voice with.  Since my GV # is the same as my cell phone number I am under the assumption that if someone calls my cellphone/GV number it will ring both my cell phone AND through the OBi 110 at my house as well.

So I have a question.  Is there a way that if I leave the house to stop the OBi 110 from ringing the house and my cell phone if I'm not home.

Scenerio:  I leave for work early in the morning (5:00am) and a co-worker calls my cell to tell me something.  That phone call would ring both my cell and at my house since my GV and cell are the same number.  This would then wake my wife up who would be pretty upset with me.

I didn't know if there was a way of blocking the OBi 110 from ringing through to the house if I was not home?  I have an android phone as well.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ostracus

Star Code *72 + number to forward to before you leave and *73 to deactivate.

Everton

I might be wrong, but at least one OBi Owner has reported that with sprint/Google Integration and the OBi causes some issues and had to abandon that approach.  Maybe someone else will comment on what, if any, those issues are.

I would suggest that you get another (separate) GV Number and use that number on the OBi110.