News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 + GV at home, can I dial the GV number from my Android?

Started by Scuzzlebutt33, December 09, 2011, 04:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scuzzlebutt33

If I dial my GV number from my Android cell I go straight to the GV voice menu. I want my phone to dial my home phone, is this possible? I know they are using the same gmail account, but this seems strange. I want to use my GV number solely for home, I have no need for it on my Android. I tried to delete my cell number from the GV phone settings, but it says I have to have one real phone. Does that mean I can just link it with another and then  delete it? What are the implications? Thanks.

RevKev

In Google Voice settings, un-check your mobile phone under "Forwards calls to" then click "Edit" -> "Show advanced settings" -> "Voicemail Access" -> "No".

Scuzzlebutt33

Quote from: RevKev on December 09, 2011, 04:19:33 PM
In Google Voice settings, un-check your mobile phone under "Forwards calls to" then click "Edit" -> "Show advanced settings" -> "Voicemail Access" -> "No".

Perfect! Thanks!

r.hein

I had a similar situation: I've got the Obi at home, and have ditched the land line. There are times when I need to call home from my phone, but want google voice to continue forwarding calls to my cell.

To do this: Download the Obi app from the android market place and install it on your phone. Then use the app to call your obi end point. You will get a message when it connects - one option is to "Continue this call" at that point the phone connected to the Obi End point in your house will ring.

It's not clear from the obi docs that this is possible, but it does work, I just tried it out and got my old school answering machine that I have at my house. The only drawback is that you need to have a data connection (3g) to make this work.

mc123

I am in the same situation as the OP. I would like to disconnect my cell phone from the Google Voice account, since this account is dedicated to our family phone. We ported our family phone number to GV. (We have the Obi connected to a Panasonic phone, which works fine.) I used my cell to set up the account and now can't delete it for the same reasons as the OP. Is there a way to get GV to accept the Obi (connected to the Panasonic) as my physical phone?