News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

difficulties setting up localphone .com

Started by carl, December 09, 2011, 09:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

I have problems setting up Localphone.com. on obi100
Could somebody help ? I checked the previous postings on this matter but without much success. Using the CURRENT display for generic service provider would help. thanks.

RonR

You might try configuring the OBi directly and see if you have any better luck:

1. Disable your Internet connection.

2. Log into the OBi using at IP address returned by dialing ***1 with : username=admin / password=admin

3. Reset the OBi to factory defaults:

System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration -> Press Reset to Start Process

4. After the OBi reboots, log back in and set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Localphone
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : localphone.com

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (sip username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

5. Enable your Internet connection.

Click Submit at the bottom of any page you make changes to.

Click Reboot in the upper right corner after all changes have been made.

carl

Unfortunately, I was not able to log on the device management page. Not with internet disabled, and with internet back on nothing happens ( just the screen flashes), when  put admin / admin for username/password. Getting error message by putting anything else.
Originally I tried to set it up from Obitalk dashboard clicking on my Obi end point ( GV is enabled, no problem with that) going from there to configure voice services SP 2.  It did not work, shows server registered, but not connected. ( I did not know what to put for outbound proxy server so I left it blank). :(

ShermanObi

"Registered" is is good sign. 
SIP service providers will show "Registered," Google Voice shows "Connected."

You may be able to make a call using your Localphone account on SP2.

To test, dial **2 and 1+ the ten-digit number.

FYI: See this item for the explanation of dialing the service access code:
http://www.obihai.com/googlevoiceFAQ.html#06

carl

I tried that, off course right away and it did not work.
This is what it shows for SP 2:   Registered (server=94.75.247.45:5060; expire in 29s)
Plus, I still cannot access the device manager web page.

Stewart

Quote from: carl on December 10, 2011, 09:06:39 PM
This is what it shows for SP 2:   Registered (server=94.75.247.45:5060; expire in 29s)
What do you hear when you call?  What, if anything, shows in call history?  What happens on incoming calls? (If you don't have a DID or iNum with them, call via SIPBroker.)

What address does ***1 report?  What error do you get when you access that address in IE?  In Firefox?  In Chrome? (Try at least two browsers.)  Can you ping the OBi's address?

androidfan

According to the localphone.com help page for the Zoom 5801, the "outbound proxy" should be set to:

proxy.localphone.com

Stewart

Quote from: androidfan on December 11, 2011, 09:17:41 AM
According to the localphone.com help page for the Zoom 5801, the "outbound proxy" should be set to:
proxy.localphone.com
While it's certainly worth a shot to try outbound proxy, do you know what issue it's trying to solve?  I've used Localphone with the OBi, Linksys ATAs, IP phones, smartphone apps and several softphones and have never had to use outbound proxy. 

carl

OK, what I hear : After a brief delay, I get dial tone,  however when the other party picks up or it goes to voice mail the connection gets disconnected right away. I get billed for 1 minute call.
I contacted Localphone's support which is a very slow process with e-mail only and limited hours (which are London time hours btw) and they advised me to dial *1688 prior to dialing the number.
However, if I try **2*1688number I get fast busy upon dialing the third star.
I even tried, next to the international numbers, to dial US numbers with the UK prefix of 00 for international calls, with the result click>disconnect upon pick up   ::)

RonR

Quote from: carl on December 12, 2011, 11:31:40 AM
However, if I try **2*1688number I get fast busy upon dialing the third star.

Assuming SP2 is associated with ITSP Profile B...

In order to be able to dial *1688 on SP2, you would need to add it to the ITSP Profile B DigitMap:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (*1688|...)

carl

""Assuming SP2 is associated with ITSP Profile B...

In order to be able to dial *1688 on SP2, you would need to add it to the ITSP Profile B DigitMap:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (*1688|...)""

Which brings me back to the problem I mentioned before- the system does not let me log on the web manager page where I could do this type of hacks...

RonR

Where do you see this?  Aren't you logging into the OBi directly (192.168.?.?) when this is displayed?

carl

No, that's on the Obitalk page. I am not able to log on through the IP address, as I mentioned in the posts before.

carl

Here are the most current comments from Obi and Localphone support. Considered that i am stuck with ATT u verse proprietary gateway it will be fun to try to change anything there
Google Voice is not SIP.
The problem you are having is with SIP protocol (your localphone account)

To fix this, configure your router to disable SIP ALG.
For information about this, please refer to your router's manual, or you can post
question on how to do this in our forum
www.obitalk.com/forum
or you can try a different router.

-Obihai Support Team

I have checked the carriers we are using to the destination you are calling and we are not seeing any issues along this route. I think this maybe a codec issue between you and the destination provider. Prefixing the number you are dialling with *1688 sends the audio(RTP) part of the call through our servers and we transcode the audio stream between the codec your VoIP client is offering and the Destination providers preferred codec.

Please make sure your VoIP client is offering all available codecs and also try different VoIP clients, if not you will need to use the *1688 prefix.

Regards,
Mark

???

Stewart

IMO, we should get access to the OBi's web pages working first, because we need that tool to see what is going wrong with Localphone.  I have U-Verse (with i3812V gateway) and though don't have an OBi there, have used a variety of VoIP devices with several providers, including Localphone, without any problem.

When you dial ***1 from a phone connected to the OBi, what IP address do you hear?  What is displayed when you put that address in the address bar in IE?  In Firefox?  In Chrome?  (Please answer for at least two of those browsers.)  Please try from a second computer on your LAN, if you have one.  Does the OBi respond to a ping?

If you can't access the OBi's Web pages, that is not at all normal.  IMO, it's worth trying a factory reset to gain access, even though that has a slight risk of breaking the functionality you have now.

carl

This is the reply i got from Obi CS in regard to prefix *1688 :

I need to know whether it is really ITSP profile A because I am not changing anything in Google voice, wonder whether it should be B.

To be able to dial *1688

-> www.obitalk.com
click on your OBi 300 821 860
-> OBi Expert Configuration
-> Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General
add *1688xx. to the beginning of your DigitMap value, so it looks like:
(*1688xx.|..etc..default_value_do_not_modify...)

You will need to uncheck "OBiTALK Settings" and uncheck "Device Default" to be
able to modify any parameter value.

-Obihai Support Team

_______________________________________________________________________________-__

They also told me that I have to access the sttings through the " expert " option on the Obitalk page,
which actually does seem to work as long as I use explorer, for some reason it did not open in Chrome.

I will try to configure it once I have an answer whether it is ITSP profile A or B. If you have an idea, please let me know.  Thanks

carl

Yeah, I got confused through the contradictions in the two advises. I may have to call the day today but I will try this ASAP. Thanks

RonR

Quote from: carl on December 15, 2011, 11:08:23 AM
Now I am in Expert setting, trying to edit the Digitmap in order to try the trick with *1688, and while the cursor is there in the box, it does not let me ad or delete anything. Any idea ?   ::)

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)