News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant

Started by flipdee, December 11, 2011, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flipdee

Hello all,
I'm struggling with something on my obi110.
I'm trying to bypass the # requirement when using the "2 - make new call" facility on the auto attendant. I've been playing around with digitmap and outboundcallroute in every place i can find however after dialling 2 then the 11 digit number, i can't get the auto attendant to automatically dial the number entered unless I hit #.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Best Regards + Thanks in advance.

flipdee

RonR

This appears to be hard-wired logic in the Auto Attendant.  The Auto Attendant isn't feeding the Digit Map Processor (DMP) in real-time when you're dialing a number like is happening when you are dialing directly from the PHONE Port.  Instead, the Auto Attendant appears to be collecting the dialed number in a buffer until it sees a #, at which point it processes the whole string of digits at one time.  Consequently, I doubt there is anything you can do to change this behavior.

flipdee

Hi RonR,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I suspected this might be the case after no digitmap seemed to make any influence.
Is there a speed-dial I could use which lets me dial the actual number after the auto attendant has taken the line off hook?
This doesn't work but for example: 2 (make new call) # to access the pstn, then enter number to be dialled?

It's such a pity that everywhere you look digitmap and outboundcallroute is featured everywhere but auto attendant deals with this so differently.
Sadly my terminal modem on the end of the obi110 only allows a prefix not a suffix, which is where this causes a problem for me.
I know its a very specific and rare issue.

Regards,

flipdee

RonR

Once you're connected to the Auto Attendant, you can key ahead without waiting for the prompts.

For example: 2#18005551212#

If you can get you fax machine to dial: <A pause for the AA to answer>2#18005551212#

I think you're there.

Stewart

Why do you need the AA at all?  I would think that the inbound call route could just send the call to {li}.  The digit map would strip whatever the source OBi sent, so you would get dial tone and could dial through the link.  If, for some reason, the OBi doesn't work properly with an empty string as the destination, you could have the digit map output be a string that does essentially nothing on the PSTN line, e.g. turn off call waiting, enable outbound caller ID, etc.  Then, after that was dialed out, you'd hear dialtone and could dial the actual number.

flipdee

Thanks again for your help with this.
Unfortunately it's the last # I can't get my terminal modem to dial.
anything before the number but not after.
I had followed your very helpful guide on obi bridging without the internet, is there an alternative which gives similar functionality without relying on the auto attendant?
I know your guide seems to imply that this is the only way to do this.
I assume one obi110 setup as a fxo connected to the other setup as a fxs is not an option? (sorry, probably a stupid question).
Why do I give myself such awkward tasks???
Many thanks again,

flipdee

flipdee

Haha! Excellent!

21470# then the number works!
(1470) to un-withhold a cli in the uk) so it won't interfere with anything!
nice nice nice!

flipdee

Oh dear, spoke too soon, although 21470# works fine, i've just realised my terminal modem will only accept numbers, i.e. 21470
I can't actually include # - stupid me!!

Stewart

In the destination OBi's inbound call route, instead of {aa}, can't you just use {li(1470)} ?

RonR

flipdee,

Give me a couple more minutes.  I think I have a very elegant solution...

flipdee

Thank you RonR, this is the ONE :)
Thank you Stewart also, really appreciate all the help.

Best Regards,

flipdee