News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

DTMF question

Started by bsantelli, December 15, 2011, 08:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsantelli

Hi - I am a new user (less than a day)
Got all connected using GV in just a few minutes.
But I am finding that some of my digits get dropped when responding to voice response units.
It is early yet, but I think I found a work around by holding in each digit for a second, but that becomes quite cubersome and slow when entering things like account numbers, etc.
Is this something I just need to do with obi?   is there some setting I should be setting to get this to work?

Thanks,
Brian

RonR

You might try enabling:

Service Providers  -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> X_UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF : (checked)

Stewart

If RonR's suggestion does not help, try setting DTMFMethod to Inband.

If still no luck, consider using a provider other than GV for IVR calls.  Most IVR systems are on toll-free numbers; such calls are free with many providers that charge for calls to regular numbers.

bsantelli

Thanks - UseFixedDurationRFC2833DTMF  was already checked. 
DTMFMethod is greyed out.

The problem with using another phone is I am conference calls (which require a conference id) for long periods of time and the whole point (well one big point) of using obitalk/GV was to free up my home line.

I have already gotten fairly used to the loooong presses today to tell you the truth, but still would be nice to not have to do that.

Stewart

Quote from: bsantelli on December 15, 2011, 01:47:23 PM
When a setting is greyed out, uncheck its Default box first and you will be able to set it.

The problem with using another phone is I am conference calls (which require a conference id) for long periods of time and the whole point (well one big point) of using obitalk/GV was to free up my home line.
By "another provider", I meant a different provider through your OBi.  What is the first 6 digits (area code and prefix) of the number you are calling to access the conference?

bsantelli

Quote from: Stewart on December 15, 2011, 06:28:27 PM
When a setting is greyed out, uncheck its Default box first and you will be able to set it.
Thank you - I see how to do that now - Will give that a try.

By "another provider", I meant a different provider through your OBi.  What is the first 6 digits (area code and prefix) of the number you are calling to access the conference?
Sorry, I originally misunderstood.  So then, are you saying the issue is more a GV issue than an OBITalk issue?  the two numbers I call the most are 888-426-xxxx and 877-620-xxxx

bsantelli

setting DTMFMethod to Inband fixed the issue.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.