News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to change to new google voice number

Started by sgarr, December 18, 2011, 05:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgarr

Ok,

I just got my new obi110 set up with my googlevoice number.. Working great, and then I learned that it's best not to use your main googlevoice account. 

I went and set up a new googlevoice number.  How can I change over to it without screwing things up?

Thanks

Sgarr

RonR

If you're doing everything through the OBiTALK Web Portal, perform the change there.

If you're managing the OBi directly, simply change:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)

to the new username/password.

sgarr

Ok,

I tried through the obitalk web portal and couldn't figure out how to do it.  So, I dialed in to the url 192.168.10.101 and changed the items you suggested, saved changes.

I got a message saying restart the system and the changes would take place.  ???
I didn't know WHICH system it was referring to, so I restarted the browser, tried a test call, unplugged and replugged the obi110, tried a test call, restarted my computer which I'm sure had no effect.  nothing changed.

I can still make a direct call from the analog phone I had previously associated with my original gv account.  I verified that the call is still coming from the original gvoice account

Btw, I had already made an outgoing call in the new googlevoice acct from the browser, so I think that gvoice account number 2 is ready

What's the answer here?

VaHam

Quote from: sgarr on December 19, 2011, 06:00:38 AM
Ok,

I tried through the obitalk web portal and couldn't figure out how to do it.  So, I dialed in to the url 192.168.10.101 and changed the items you suggested, saved changes.

I got a message saying restart the system and the changes would take place.  ???
I didn't know WHICH system it was referring to, so I restarted the browser, tried a test call, unplugged and replugged the obi110, tried a test call, restarted my computer which I'm sure had no effect.  nothing changed.

I can still make a direct call from the analog phone I had previously associated with my original gv account.  I verified that the call is still coming from the original gvoice account

Btw, I had already made an outgoing call in the new googlevoice acct from the browser, so I think that gvoice account number 2 is ready

What's the answer here?

There is a little "Reboot" icon on the top right of the OBi url's webpage.  After you make your changes click on it to have the OBi reboot itself.

RonR

sgarr,

If you're managing the OBi directly, make sure you have also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Click Submit at the bottom of any page you make changes to.  When you've completed making all desired changes, click the Reboot button in the upper right corner to make the changes effective.