News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Accept Collect Calls using Google Voice

Started by FutureDoc, December 18, 2011, 06:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FutureDoc

I really need to be able to accept collect calls to my OBi using Google Voice. If anyone knows of a place where I can prepay for collects where there is no monthly fee but I just pay per call, that would be ideal. I would go with a toll free number but that won't work in this case.

Thanks for the help!

Nick

Stewart

In some cases where collect calls are needed, e.g. calls from prison inmates, there are additional restrictions that may force you to have a conventional landline.  If that's your situation, you might consider:

1. A "lifeline", "low-use", or measured landline.
2. A landline number that remote-call-forwards to GV or other service that you have.
3. A good friend with a landline and three-way calling receives the call, accepts the charges and puts you on the line.
4. A service such as http://www.jailcalls.com/ .

Otherwise, please provide as much detail as possible (why a toll-free won't work, etc.)

Ostracus

Quote from: Stewart on December 18, 2011, 08:03:51 PM
In some cases where collect calls are needed, e.g. calls from prison inmates, there are additional restrictions that may force you to have a conventional landline.  If that's your situation, you might consider:

1. A "lifeline", "low-use", or measured landline.
2. A landline number that remote-call-forwards to GV or other service that you have.
3. A good friend with a landline and three-way calling receives the call, accepts the charges and puts you on the line.
4. A service such as http://www.jailcalls.com/ .

Otherwise, please provide as much detail as possible (why a toll-free won't work, etc.)

I suspect the Obi110 can forward those LINE calls to any other services were one can accept the charges because as far as the prison's concerned the call is going to a billable number. The return path is voice and DTMF.