News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID

Started by curt31, December 19, 2011, 08:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curt31

Quote from: Hortoristic on December 24, 2011, 03:46:56 PM
I understand it's a drag GV won't give me the NAME but does give me the number for caller id. 

What's really interesting is the biggest harvester of information in the world (short of some secret govt agency) - couldn't resolve the name somehow.  voip.ms charges I think 8/10 of a penny to do a name lookup - so there seems to be a technical approach.

Once we get past the free services, such as when GV isn't free anymore - it seems there are still plenty of extremely cheap alternatives.

What's really interesting is the biggest harvester of information in the world (short of some secret govt agency) - couldn't resolve the name somehow.  voip.ms charges I think 8/10 of a penny to do a name lookup - so there seems to be a technical approach.

Amen to that brother.  :

Tom

curt31

Hi this is off topic but I didn't feel it was necessary to start another thread. When you dial out on Nettalk the first ring tone you hear is synthesized by the Duo and sounds louder the ring tones after that all have the same volume. Just wondering if the Obitalk 110 or 100 functions the same. Thinking I might also buy the Obi110 for another application. Like I said only reason I bought the Duo over it was that Caller ID feature name and number that that Duo supports the Obi plus GV actually have more features like call blocking 7 digit dialling the list goes on. Thanks

Tom

Hortoristic

Just making clear - the Obi110 does support caller Id and name - it's GV that only has number - not name  just use a different SP - but pay for it - and you'll get both

curt31

Quote from: Hortoristic on December 30, 2011, 02:05:39 PM
Just making clear - the Obi110 does support caller Id and name - it's GV that only has number - not name  just use a different SP - but pay for it - and you'll get both

Yes I understand that it's dependent on the service provider.

Tom