News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Route a specific number through Service Provider 2

Started by Bravid, December 20, 2011, 08:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bravid

Greetings, I'm trying to figure out how to route all outbound calls to a specific number over Provider 2. I'm confused by DigiMaps, etc., and need some direction.

The primary provider is Google Voice and the secondary provider is CallCentric.

Thanks!

Stewart

Assuming that you mean outbound calls placed from the Phone port, to a number that is already in the correct format for Callcentric, i.e. you can presently dial **2 followed by the number and it connects ok on CC, you don't need to change any digit maps -- just follow the example for 911 posted by RonR here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2076.0

Bravid

Would this work?

{(<5551234567:>(Msp2)):sp2}

or does it need to be more like this:

{(<#:>):pp},{5551234567:sp2}

and does it matter where in the code it goes (can it be at the end)?

RonR

Quote from: Bravid on December 20, 2011, 08:50:34 AM
Greetings, I'm trying to figure out how to route all outbound calls to a specific number over Provider 2. I'm confused by DigiMaps, etc., and need some direction.

The primary provider is Google Voice and the secondary provider is CallCentric.

Don't modify the PHONE Port DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute.

If your PrimaryLine is SP1 and the number you want to force out SP2 instead is 12341234567, simply add:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap: (<**2>12341234567|...)

Bravid

RonR,

That almost seemed to work. Here's what's in the call log:

End Call
Call 10   12/22/2011    06:58:21   
Terminal ID   PHONE1   GoogleVoice1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   1717299xxxx   **21717299xxxx
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
06:58:21   New Call   
06:58:24      End Call

It did dial **2 before going out, but it looks like it was still routed through GV on provider 1 instead of provider 2.

RonR

Bravid,

When you dial 1717299xxxx,  **2 should be prepended to it by the addition of the new rule in the ITSP Profile A DigitMap.  This appears to be happening.  The **2 should then be removed by the PHONE Port OutboundCallroute as the remainder of the number is routed to SP2.  This does not appear to be happening.

Looking in the OBi itself (not at the OBiTALK Web Portal)...

Does your PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute settings have their Default box checked?  They should.  If not, please explain why and post their contents.

Is your PHONE Port PrimaryLine set to SP1 Service?

Please post the contents of your ITSP Profile A DigitMap.

twinclouds

I know this is an old thread but I have almost exactly the same problem.  I think I better try here to see if I can get help from here instead of starting a new topic.
  I just got my obi110 today.  I had set up the GV service (SP1) and a sip service through supervoip (SP2).  The latter one is mainly for calls to China.  Thus, I would like to route all calls start with 01186 with 10 or 11 x's to SP2.  I can make 01186 calls if I dial **2 before dialing the 01186x. number.  Following RonR's posting, I modified the SP1 digimap by adding the first entry as (**201186xxxxxxxxxx|.....).  However, it doesn't seems to work.  It waited for some time and then sent the busy signal.  Can RonR or anybody else point out what I did wrong or give me some suggestions? 
Also, can someone tell me where to check the log in obi110?
Thanks in advance.

QBZappy

Call log:
Status
    System Status
    Call Status
    Call History   <- here

ITSP Profile B
General
DigitMap = (<**2>01186xx.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1514>[2-9]xxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

QBZappy has given you the correct rule. However take care to put it at the front of the DigitMap of your PrimaryLine. If you set GV up as your PrimaryLine, then you need to put <**2>01186xx. at the front of ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap. In all these cases of "automatic routing" it needs to be done from the PrimaryLine.

To check what service is your PrimaryLine see:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine

In most cases you will want your Auto Attendant set the same. See:
Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine