News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Listing of parameters with non-defualt values

Started by nekote, March 27, 2013, 12:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nekote

I've only made, maybe, 3 changes to the Obi100's standard default parameters that I remember.
DTMF In/Out of band for female voices chirping; Tx and Rx gain for loudness.

How to get a list / summary of the drill down where and what those changes are.
And any of them I may have forgotten.
Along with a side by side of what the defaults are would be nice.

I'm looking for a "diff" ability - finding the differential between current settings and default values.
Especially for the case of resetting the unit to factory defaults and then re-changing it to local values.

jwcmb

If you have Microsoft Excel, you can easily do this by importing the xml from a configuration backup.  Excel automatically transforms the xml format of the backup into columns and rows, with each column having a drop-down combo-box set up for filtering the data.  The X_UD column shows you which current parameter settings are default values and which not.  You can play around with different filtering options to give you what you want.  

See this post for additional details: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4710.msg34218#msg34218.  This post gives details on what backup options to select, e.g., one of the options is "Incl. Default Values", so that the backup includes not only what your settings are but also what the defaults are.

nekote

TYVM for the info and even more for taking the time to reply.

I believe it takes Excel 2003 or better to read .xml .
I've got an older clunker 2000 Excel for the few times I need to use Excel.
And haven't yet found any freebie that will read / format .xml in anything other than text.

As to X_UD - I think you mean X_UseDefault="Yes"
As an ignorant noob, I was fooled by the abbreviated form.

TYA

QBZappy

nekote,

This site will help converting xml to xls. It splits it into several worksheets. It is not as convenient as using a proper version of excel.

http://www.luxonsoftware.com/Converter/XmlToExcel
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.