News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Number of simultaneous calls Supported by Obi Device

Started by ObiUserin, February 24, 2011, 01:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ObiUserin

Hi

How many simultaneous calls are supported by obi Devices ?

jimates

i would like to know the real answer to that also. Because this is how I see it, unless I am missing something.

Each Google Voice account can support 2 sessions and I imagine the SIP providers will differ but, for the sake of this queston, lets say they can also support 2.

But since there is only phone port, I think the max you can do is 3 way calling, which would be 2 right.

Once you are on a line you can flash to another session on that line and place a call. But flashing again will return you to the first session.

Any way to get more than 2 at a time?

OBi-Guru

From the phone attached to the OBi, the max you can take advantage of is 2.  However, the OBi can also handle incoming call from a trusted circle (be it a trusted number or another trusted OBi/OBiON or a callback session) and then make a new call out to another number on the same SP1 or SP2.   This will take up a few more sessions.

Hence with GV setup SP1, SP2 (as a trunk group), you can have 4 sessions going at the same time.