News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial special number to PSTN line

Started by weiqj, December 24, 2011, 06:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weiqj

Now I am hookinh up OBi between my telephone and my PSTN line.

Previously I use some special number such as *#12 to invoke some special function of my PSTN line. However now it is intercepted by OBi and no longer working.

Is that any way to work around this?

RonR

The OBi normally processes all Star Feature Codes (*xx) locally.  If you need to pass certain ones to the LINE Port instead, you will need to add them to the LINE Port DigitMap:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (*67|*69|*77|...)

Stewart

RonR is of course correct.

However, for occasional use, you may find it easier to just dial #, hear PSTN dial tone, then dial *#12 or any other arbitrary code.

If the special code actually contains a #, that could conflict with use of # as an end-of-number indicator.

weiqj

Thanks for your quick response guys. Now before I try it I'm having another problem.
I need to set the PrimaryLine of my Phone port as PSTN.
But it always gets reset to SP1. Is there anything wrong?

RonR

Quote from: weiqj on December 24, 2011, 07:05:44 PM
I need to set the PrimaryLine of my Phone port as PSTN.
But it always gets reset to SP1. Is there anything wrong?

If you're trying to configure the OBi directly, you must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

weiqj

Thanks a million RnR!
I can't imagine how OBi is going to do without you guys!

weiqj

And by the way! Happy Holidays!
I am going to make an OBi monitor API to feedback OBi events to other devices/services such as XBMC etc.