News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

In bound callroute question. Bridging incoming calls to home number.

Started by larrybob, December 26, 2011, 12:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

I would like to bridge all incoming calls to my home number.
i have tried this for SP1 inboundCallroute :
{sp1(14152222222)} this would be my home number.
It does not work, my call just goes to the Google voice answer service after 4 rings. Is it possible to have incoming calls get bridged in this manner?

Thanks , Larry

Stewart

Your post does not have enough information to be useful.  Where is the OBi (if not at your home)?  What service is on SP1 (GV, other)?  When you set SP1 InboundCallRoute to {ph}, does the phone connected to your OBi ring?  Are you calling from a number associated with your GV account or OBi in any way?  If so, please explain.  Is the number 14152222222 associated with your GV account or OBi in any way?  If so, please explain.  What, if anything, appears in Call History, after a failing bridged call attempt?

larrybob

Stewart. thanks for the reply.

My actual in bound call route rule for sp1 (Google voice ) is  {sp1(14154871880)} if I add {ph} as A second rule it rings the phone.

Let me explain what my goal is. I think it is better we start from scratch.
I have an extra OBi 100 and I want to dedicate it, to only calling one cell phone number in Brazil.
I have been using a company ,Local Phone, on my cell phone to do this. They give me a local San Francisco number, which  bridges to a number I assigned on their web site of a cell phone in Brazil. Their cost per minute it 19.5 cents.

I have found a betamax voip company which will give me a rate of 4 cents/ minute for this same call.
My first thought was to have the obi route only calls from my cell phone to this number in Brazil, and have the rest ring the phone or go to the AA. Then, I thought even this is not needed. All incoming calls on SP1 could be routed( as I would be, the only one calling in on Sp1.)

To test this, I thought I would create a rule so that all calls coming in on sp1 (Google voice, would be routed out to my house number ( I happen to be using  ooma as my house number, ).I read that GV can handle an incoming and out going call with one account. I thought i could test this by calling my Google voice number on my cell phone, and see if this rang my house phone. If this test worked, Then, I would get a voip service for Sp2 and use this to bridge the call to Brazil.

I do not understand why the inbound call route  rule i am testing does not do what i thought it would do.
Thanks Larry

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on December 26, 2011, 09:48:49 AM
My actual in bound call route rule for sp1 (Google voice ) is  {sp1(14154871880)} if I add {ph} as A second rule it rings the phone.

Something doesn't compute.  An InboundCallRoute of:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {sp1(14154871880)},{ph}

would never get to the ph rule.

Stewart

I don't know why you are having trouble doing this through the OBi (Call History may give a clue), but IMO you should just use an Easyvoip (or whatever) access number.  You'll get better quality and easier setup  (though they do charge an extra $.003/min.)  See http://www.easyvoip.com/geo .  Click the "more info" link to see how to set up the contact in your cell phone, so the call is completely automatic.

larrybob

here is my inbound call route for Sp1, I copied and pasted so there could be no typo:

{(14158618440):sp1},{ph}

I am calling in from my home number which is not associated with google voice.
I changed the bridged number to a local business.

when I call 4886007, my google number, the phone connected to the obi rings for 20 seconds then google voicemail picks up. ( I was thinking it could be a timer in obi that is set too long, but i do not think so.) It seems to me that something is incorrect in the first rule {(14158618440):sp1}  ... but i do not know what.

Call 1   12/26/2011    11:17:51   
Terminal ID   GoogleVoice1   PHONE1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   14154871880   
Direction   Inbound   Inbound
11:17:51   Ringing   
11:18:15   End Call

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on December 26, 2011, 11:27:47 AM
{(14158618440):sp1},{ph}

This first rule looks for an incoming call from 14158618440 and tries to send it out SP1.  I don't believe any number will be passed to SP1 and you'll probably see a 404 error in the Call History.  If the call is not from 14158618440, it will go to the PHONE Port.

You would need to use:

{(14158618440):sp1(18005551212)},{ph}

If you're wanting all incoming calls forwarded, it should be as you first described it:

{sp1(14152222222)}

larrybob

Thanks Ron... still not working.

I changed the sp1 inbound call route to this:
{(14154871880):sp1(14158618440)},{ph}
I called my google number (415488 6007) from my house number 415 4871880... after 4 rings(20 seconds)goole voice picked up. My call was not forwarded..
Here is the record of the Call.

Terminal ID   GoogleVoice1   PHONE1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   14154871880   
Direction            Inbound             Inbound
11:56:33           Ringing   
11:56:38             End Call   

I also thought I would try to forward all calls to 14158618440 using *72 .
When I dialed *72 from an  phone attached to the obi 100 , the Admin Guide indicates I should get a voice prompt. However, I get a high pitched continuous tone..

Larry

UPDATE:
I went ahead and signed up for easyvoip, then I used this as SP2.
I changed the Inbound call routing to :{(14154871880):sp2(14158618440)},{ph}
THIS WORKS!!! now the calls are forwarded correctly.
I also tested this : {sp2(14158618440)} and all calls are forwarded correctly.
I still do not understand why this did not work with just google voice on SP1 and why *72 does not work .
HERE IS THE CALL RECORD:

Call 1   12/26/2011    13:59:26   
Terminal ID   GoogleVoice1         SP2
Peer Name      
Peer Number   14154871880   14158618440
Direction            Inbound                  Outbound
13:59:26            Ringing   
13:59:48      Call Connected
14:00:05            End Call   

LARRY

RonR

You cannot use CallForwardAll (*72) in conjunction with InboundCallRoute rules.  When CallForwardAll is in effect, InboundCallRoute rules are ignored due to an intentional limitation imposed by Obihai.

I would factory reset the OBi and reconfigure it.  Sometimes OBi's get scrambled internally and call routing simply don't work correctly.

RonR

Larry,

I just tested your case here and it works perfectly.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(17607058888):sp1(12136891234)},{ph}

where 17607058888 was the calling source and 12136891234 is my cell phone.

Terminal ID GoogleVoice1 GoogleVoice1
Peer Name
Peer Number 17607058888 12136891234
Direction Inbound Outbound
17:12:31 Ringing
17:12:44 End Call

The call was forwarded and my cell phone rang as expected with a call coming from my Google Voice number. (I didn't bother to answer it).

larrybob

I'll do a factory reset, and try to duplicate your results, and also see if *72 begins to function. I will post the results here.  Larry

larrybob

I did a factory reset, and the *72 still is not functioning at all( Just get a high pitched tone.)

IT DID FIX THE BRIDGING PROBLEM However:: NOW IT WORKS!.RULE :{sp1(14154871880)}
here is the call record:
Terminal ID   GoogleVoice1   GoogleVoice1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   14159944804   14154871880
Direction              Inbound                   Outbound
23:18:53   Ringing   
23:19:06      Call Connected
23:19:07   End Call

WHEN I CHANGE TO SP2  ALSO WORKS AS IT SHOULD. RULE :{sp2(14154871880)}
Terminal ID   GoogleVoice1   SP2
Peer Name      
Peer Number   14159944804   14154871880
Direction          Inbound                    Outbound
23:15:36   Ringing   
23:15:42   End Call

THANKS RON!
The actual rule I will be using is :{sp2(558585263264)}
(All Calls coming into my google voice number will bridge automatically to the specific number above in Brazil)
Which digit map is used when I do this? Is it ISTP Profile B?
the Default  map on ITSP Profile B  is :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)
If I am making calls to brazil ,will this change speed up the call?
(55xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)
Thanks Larry

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on December 27, 2011, 11:35:01 PM
I did a factory reset, and the *72 still is not functioning at all( Just get a high pitched tone.)

After dialing *72, you will get a prompt tone to enter the desired forwarding number followed by the # key.  The number you input will be run through the appropriate DigitMap for validation and possible transformation.  The result will set all trunk CallForwardUnconditionalNumber fields using TK format.  No DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute will be used when numbers in TK format are sent to the appropriate trunk.

Also, be aware that all InboundCallRoute rules on all trunks will be ignored while *72 is in effect.

larrybob

Thanks, i was expecting a voice prompt, not a tone for the forwarding.. all is working !

My question is why are things are working? and about the inbound call routing, from sp1, bridging the call out to sp2.

I am not sure if the digit maps work the same as from the phone. If entering a number that only matches xx., this is an indefinitely matched value. Will the long timer be put into play?
I am guessing the digitmap used for sending calls to SP2 is ITSPB.

I changed the original rule by adding what is in bold. (55 and 10 digits)
the Default  map on ITSP Profile B  is :

(55xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)My change was actually never implemented.. I think I forgot to click the update button.

Note:  After looking again, calls to Brazil would also have matched <1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx.  The calls went through before I added the 55 rule... if that rule was not there, I think 1 would have been added to my number, which would have prevented the call from going through. Would not have matched, the number to call to Brazil has 12 digits, not the 10 digits in the rule.

So.... I am not sure what is going on.... and why things worked with the original rule? it seems the problem would not have been the long timer kicking in, but 1 being appended to the number??
Problem is the long timer.. see later posts.. Larry
Larry

RJDB

I tried a simple *72 to forward from the Line Port to SP1(xxxxxxxxxx).

I also did not receive the expected voice prompt - but the tone.    I entered **1 xxxxxxxxx followed by #.   I received the confirmation tone.

Voice Services - OBiTalkService - Calling Features reflected the proper CallForwardUnconditional parameters.

Physical Service - Line Port - Calling Features also reflected the proper CallForwardUncondidtional parameters.

The call forward worked.    However, I do not understand why the voice prompt on the *72 did not work.

UPDATE - Just revisited the Administrator Guide.

Under Call Forwarding, it states:

"...To enable Call Forward ALL, from a phone attached to the OBi, dial *72. You will be prompted to enter the number to which the calls will be forwarded. Dial the number plus the # key and a confirmation tone will be heard."

I interpretted "prompted" to mean a voice prompt.

In the following Tone & Ring Patterns section of the Admin Guide, it states:

Prompt Tone:
PROMPT,     "480-16;10"
Prompt tone is generated from a single frequency component:
480 Hz at -16 dBm. The expiration time is exactly 10 seconds. It has only one cadence segment, which has tone infinite active time.

RonR

Quote from: RJDB on December 29, 2011, 07:25:41 PM
However, I do not understand why the voice prompt on the *72 did not.

There's not supposed to be a voice prompt.

The OBi presents a tone prompt after dialing Star Codes that require input.

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on December 29, 2011, 10:06:15 AM
I am not sure if the digit maps work the same as from the phone. If entering a number that only matches xx., this is an indefinitely matched value. Will the long timer be put into play?

All DigitMaps work the same.  xx. matches any numeric string.  The DMP starts the short interdigit timer if there is at least one rule in the Exactly Matched state, otherwise it starts the long interdigit timer.

I am guessing the digitmap used for sending calls to SP2 is ITSPB.

To be totally accurate SP2 uses ITSP Profile x, where x is defined at:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile

So.... I am not sure what is going on.... and why things worked with the original rule? it seems the problem would not have been the long timer kicking in, but 1 being appended to the number??

If there were no Exactly Matched rules after you entered the last digit, the long timer would be used.  If there was at least one Exactly Matched rule after you entered the last digit, the short timer would be used.

Also keep in mind that the [^*]@@. rule is also an indefinite match rule that matches any string that doesn't start with an asterisk.  I recommend you use [^*#]@@.'@'@@. instead.  This rule is to support dialing SIP URI's from Speed Dials.

larrybob

Ron,
default digit map for sp2 is :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

QuoteAlso keep in mind that the [^*]@@. rule is also an indefinite match rule that matches any string that doesn't start with an asterisk.  I recommend you use [^*#]@@.'@'@@. instead.  This rule is to support dialing SIP URI's from Speed Dials.

you suggest this instead?
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Also:
QuoteIf there were no Exactly Matched rules after you entered the last digit, the long timer would be used.  If there was at least one Exactly Matched rule after you entered the last digit, the short timer would be used.
55 xx xxxx xxxx is the number (12 digits) which would be passed to the sp2 digitmap.

This would be an indefinite match with the digitmap, so the long timer would come into play. (10 seonds)
(I made an error in my last post thinking it would match |<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|. It does not)

I would think that there would be a 10 second delay before the ringing starts? However, I hear the ringing start immediately.
I was able to verify, that if I am hearing 4 rings this is not mirrored in Brazil. There, only 2 rings are heard before the call is answered.
(This is about a 10 second difference!) Coincidence?? Perhaps the ringing I hear is generated form the obi, and continues for 10 extra seconds during the long digit timer, before the call is passed on to Brazil.
I will change the digit map to:
(55xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Now there will be an exactly matched rule, and the short timer will be used instead of the long timer. Perhaps the number of rings I hear will match, or will more closely match what is heard in Brazil. This hopefully will give the person in Brazil more time to answer the call before it is intercepted by the Google voice answering system!
I will post my results of this little experiment tomorrow...
Larry

P.S. I tried to find a way to turn off the answering service of Google voice. I believe this is not possibe.. if anyone know differently, let me know.

RonR

Quote from: larrybob on December 29, 2011, 11:07:49 PM
you suggest this instead?
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

No.  I don't like to use a 'catch-all' rule like xx. unless it's absolutely necessary.  I would get rid of it:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

55 xx xxxx xxxx is the number (12 digits) which would be passed to the sp2 digitmap.

I will change the digit map to:
(55xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Now there will be an exactly matched rule, and the short timer will be used instead of the long timer.Larry

If you get rid of the xx. rule, the 55xxxxxxxxxx rule will be an Exactly Matched rule with no other candidates and the DMP will exit immediately with no short or long timer.

If SP2 is a Google Voice account, you should be dialing international numbers as 011 + country code + number.

P.S. I tried to find a way to turn off the answering service of Google voice. I believe this is not possibe.. if anyone know differently, let me know.

There's no way to disable Google Voice voicemail.  It answers after 25 seconds and cannot be changed.

Many of the issues you're struggling with are explained beginning on page 119 of the OBi Device Administration Guide.

larrybob

Thanks Ron!  
Made your suggested change. All of this is finally starting to make sense!  Larry

I am using a betamax voip account for SP2 it works with out any international code.
I makes sense that it should be in there. I even believe that the their instructions specify, an international code should be used.
It appears that the voip provider of my sp2 must be adding the international code themselves, as the calls are going through.

Larry