News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to call VOIP phone, other outgoing working fine.

Started by Amit, December 26, 2011, 10:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amit

Hi -

I am unable to call one of my friend using magic jack. Is there a setting which requires to be set to enable this outgoing call.

RonR

Are you trying to call a MagicJack number using Google Voice or some other provider or are you trying to make a call using a MagicJack connected to the OBi LINE Port?

Amit

I am able to call the magic jack # from google voice but when i use my OBI to call the same number, it gives me an engaged dial tone everytime. I did not do any setup on the OBI setup screen apart from default. Pls advice.

Amit

magic jack is not connected to OBI. its on my friends home, connected to router via magicjack plus. His phone is able to call my OBI/GV number though.

RonR

Can you call other numbers from the OBi/Google Voice trunk?

After a failed call, what does the OBi Call History show for that call?

Amit

Below is the call history.

Call 1              12/26/2011      13:37:05 
Terminal ID      PHONE1           GoogleVoice1
Peer Name   
Peer Number    1XXXXXXXXXX   1XXXXXXXXXX --> this is the same # where i am calling
Direction         Outbound         Outbound
13:37:05        New Call 
13:37:07                              Call Connected
13:37:10        End Call

RonR

Quote from: Amit on December 26, 2011, 10:43:40 AM
13:37:07                              Call Connected

It would appear the busy is coming from Google Voice, not the OBi, especially if you can successfully call other numbers from the OBi.

Amit

Is there something i have to change on GV? Becos i am certain the phone line is definately not busy on the MagicJack side, as i can call the same number everytime from different number

RonR

Quote from: Amit on December 26, 2011, 10:49:19 AM
Is there something i have to change on GV? Becos i am certain the phone line is definately not busy.

If this one number is the only one that fails and all other calls from the OBi through Google Voice are successful, then everything is configured correctly and Google Voice is apparently having problems connecting to this one particular number.

Amit