News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two GV lines - Caller ID showing incorrectly - help needed

Started by swimman, November 24, 2013, 08:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swimman

I have two GV numbers and am running the Obi202.  First line is for my business.  Second is for our home.  When calling from the home phone, caller id is showing my business line number.  What settings either on the Obi (from dashboard or the web) or in GV can I change to have the caller id from the home line show when that line is used to make outbound calls?  I've looked and cannot locate although I'm not very familiar with all of the line items/setting in the Obi web set up pages.

FYI...I recently configured two Callcentric numbers to the business and home phones but I don't think that should have anything to do with this issue as nothing is being routed through the CC numbers.

Hopefully the experts on this forum can comment as I've received some great help here!

azrobert

If I understand you correctly this is what's happening:
GV on SP1 is for Business.
GV on SP2 is for Home.
You have a phone connected to PH1 for Business.
You have a phone connected to PH2 for Home.
When you make an outbound call on the Home phone (PH2) the person receiving the call gets the CallerID for the Business phone (SP1).

This is not possible if the call is going out SP2.
I think the call from the Home phone (PH2) is going out SP1.
What do you have set for Phone Port 2 PrimaryLine?
It should be set to "SP2 Service"
From the Web interface it's found at:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port 2

Edit:
If you are configuring your OBi202 from the Web interface, you need to disable OBiTalk provisioning. If you don't OBiTalk might overlay your changes.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTalk Provisioning -> Method: Disabled

swimman

azrobert - I knew it had to be something simple I was overlooking and that was it!  I'm not sure how things changed in the Obi as it originally worked.  However, I have made a bunch of changes by adding two Call Centric numbers and had to reset the Obi at some point.  That probably had something to do with it!

Regardless, I'm getting more familiar with the Obi web interface but am nowhere near an expert!  Again, thanks for the help.

FYI...Obi talk provisioning was disabled.

drgeoff

Quote from: swimman on November 24, 2013, 03:01:44 PM
.... had to reset the Obi at some point.  That probably had something to do with it!
Yes, that reset (to defaults) was the cause.  For all OBis except the 110 the default PrimaryLine for every PhonePort is SP1.