News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up OBi110 with Voipo

Started by Asmodean, December 27, 2011, 04:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Hello, I just got the OBi110 as a Christmas gift. I have successfully configured Google Voice on sp1, but am having trouble configuring Voipo on sp2. I read the post in this forum concerning a register fail 401 error because that is what I get when I try getting this to work. The post is at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=592.msg3530#msg3530 and there it recommends that profile B is used in sp2, I have confirmed this and it is set right. From my Voipo control panel I enabled the sip phone settings and it gave me a server name, username and password to use and I've plugged those entries when configuring through the obitalk.com web page in sp2. The settings I'm using to configure Voipo are as follows:

Proxy: sip.voipwelcome.com
Port: 5060
Outbound Proxy: sip.voipwelcome.com
Port: 5060
Username: <my 10 digit number>
Password: <my password>
Uri: <I left blank>

When I look at the status, it shows Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized (server=67.228.190.149:5060;

If I left anything out which might prove helpful, let me know. I'm not a tech noob, but I won't claim to understand how Voip works either.

Thanks.
Raul G - OBi110 user

Stewart

The username and password you need for the OBi are not the same as for the Web site.  See http://voipo.com/help/article/does-voipo-offer-byod-bring-your-own-device-service-89.html

If you are already using those credentials and still getting a 401, you'll probably need to contact VOIPo support.

Asmodean

Hi and thanks. The link you provided is what I read before as well when I initially contacted Voipo. The username and password I configured in the OBi110 setup is not my Voipo account login and password, but instead it's the sip phone which is provided when I follow the steps from that link. So I'm still not sure why this isn't working. Thanks.
Raul G - OBi110 user

Stewart

I'm puzzled, because a 401 means that the OBi did successfully contact the server and got an explicit "unauthorized" response.  If you typed the credentials manually, try pasting them to avoid error.  Be sure that what you paste does not have e.g. a space before or after the number or password.

If no luck, try registering a softphone to VOIPo.  If that fails, too, I believe that only VOIPo support will be able to help.  If the softphone works, you might try SIP Debug to see whether the OBi is sending your credentials properly.

Asmodean

Stewert, thanks for your help. I did some more digging and went into the device section of my Voipo control panel. It showed that my device connected on port 5078. So I figured, why not... I changed the port in the OBi110 setup to 5078 and voile! I now have it working as it should on both incoming and outgoing calls using Voipo.

Cheers!
Raul G - OBi110 user

guyinsb

Just want to confirm:  5078 worked for me as well (after many frustrating chat sessions with VOIPO).