News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi with two Google Voice accounts

Started by jayarr, December 27, 2011, 11:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam61n2

SteveInWA Q. Is there an OBiTALK device shown in the list of devices? No Though OBiTalk Google Voice in Apps has access to Google Hangouts, and Signing in with Google lists the same from Permissions. I removed these entries everytime I tried to setup.

Q. Link a 10-digit, US telephone number as a forwarding number.  Confirm that the forwarding phone rings when you call this Google Voice number from some unrelated number (NOT from your other Google Voice number). Did this and call was received on the forwarding number.

Is it possibly a problem that I have disallowed fw updates on the OBi200 since 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) as anything after this stopped dial tone on all ISP's except the Google Voice line. due to using Trunkgroups?

SteveInWA

Don't disable firmware updates.  You need version 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX).

Do this:

Go here:  https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

Completely delete the OBi device from your dashboard, and wait several minutes.  

Then, unplug the OBi from power and Ethernet.  Get a paper clip and straighten it out.  Turn the OBi upside-down and find the small round bump with a hole in it.  This is the recessed reset switch.  Gently depress and hold down the switch with the paper clip.  You'll feel a click.  While holding it down, use your other hand to plug in just the power cord.  Wait at least 10 seconds, then release the paper clip and turn the unit right-side-up.  Wait until the power LED stops blinking - this will take several minutes.

Next, unplug the power cable, then plug in the Ethernet cable, then the power cable.  Wait for it to fully reboot.

Now, follow the **5 xxxx procedure to add the device to your OBiTALK dashboard, then configure Google Voice.  This should automatically upgrade the device's firmware and configure Google Voice properly.

Sam61n2

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 29, 2019, 01:06:52 PM
Don't disable firmware updates.  You need version 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX).

Do this:

Go here:  https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

Thanks SteveInWA,
Have done this and now have managed to get both GV services working, also gave me incentive to rethink the way I had it configured, so I have simplified the DM's and OBCR, and is working well.