News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Obi110 with Google Voice and Ooma

Started by aamsid, December 27, 2011, 09:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aamsid

Here is my setup:
Obitalk SP1 Googletalk, working
Ooma attached to Telco line in - Working
Able to make and receive calls by both Google Voice and Ooma.
Obitalk phone connected to the wall socket

Question:  If one line is busy by incoming or outgoing call, how do I switch to the 2nd line of either Ooma or Google voice using another phone?

TIA

RonR

The OBi supports single-line telephones only on the PHONE Port.

You can install a SIP client softphone such as X-Lite on your PC along with OBiAPP for PC and also make and receive calls through the OBi from your PC.  OBiON Apps are also available for iPhone and Android smartphones.

It's also possible to interface an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA), VoIP phone, or Asterisk with the OBi, but these options are somewhat more involved.

aamsid

Quote from: RonR on December 27, 2011, 09:50:28 PM
The OBi supports single-line telephones only on the PHONE Port.

You can install a SIP client softphone such as X-Lite on your PC along with OBiAPP for PC and also make and receive calls through the OBi from your PC.  OBiON Apps are also available for iPhone and Android smartphones.

It's also possible to interface an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA), VoIP phone, or Asterisk with the OBi, but these options are somewhat more involved.

Thank you for your quick reply, I guess the easiest way then is to separate Ooma and OBi and use them as two separate lines.  OBi is BTW a great product and very simple to setup!