News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 + analog Ext. from PABX: Newbie needs help..

Started by ashraf, December 29, 2011, 05:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashraf

I've been reading the the forum for couple of days but could not get the exact answer. Been trying to follow some configuration posted in the forum but could not make it. My last resort is to ask for your help guys. Any kind hearted fellow that would hear my plea...Have a happy holidays...

My set up:

Location 1: OBI110 + analog Ext. from PABX

Location 2: OBI110 + analog Ext. from PABX ( From Another Country )

1. If I am on my office, I can just dial the analog Ext. of my OBI then the aa will pick up my call and would let me choose option 1, 2 & 3. So that I can call the other OBI110 ( Remote ) and then the aa would answer my and ask my to choose option 1,2 & 3. so that I can just call any ext. both ways for both PABX.

Appreciating any help..

Thanks,,

Stewart

The good news is that you don't need to involve either AA.  When you dial the extension that rings the local OBi, the InboundCallRoute would bridge to the remote OBi (via OBiTALK or a SIP service).  The remote OBi's InboundCallRoute for that service would bridge to the Line port; you would then hear dial tone from the remote PBX and could dial an extension or outside call from there.

The bad news is that if the PABX systems don't provide CPC (interrupting loop current to signal a disconnect) and also don't play a disconnect tone (periodic beep), then the OBi will have no way to know when a call ends, other than detecting a long silence.  This would result in the link being out of service for about one minute after each use.

If you have a spare analog trunk (C.O. line) port on each PBX, you could connect them to the Phone ports of the respective OBi devices.  With proper configuration of PABX and OBi, you would dial a trunk access code on one system to hear dial tone from the other.  There would be no issue with disconnect, as the originating PABX would simply hang up the trunk when the call ended.  This setup would support two independent concurrent calls, one from location 1 to 2, and one from 2 to 1.

Depending on the routing flexibility of the PABX systems, you may be able to set up a unified dial plan.  For example, extensions at location 1 would be in the range of 200-299; location 2 would use 300-399.  If you dialed 312 from an extension at location 1, it would automatically connect via the OBi to the proper remote extension.