News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 service

Started by needvoip, December 29, 2011, 08:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

needvoip

I've seen mention of that one can add 911 service through CallCentric for $1.50 per month, but no details.  I would guess I would sign up for their pay per call plan, add 911 service for the $1.50 per month, and then set up an obi110 to have GV as primary, but can all 911 calls be setup to automatically go to CallCentric (setup as second service providor) ?

Rick

Quote from: needvoip on December 29, 2011, 08:15:35 AM
I've seen mention of that one can add 911 service through CallCentric for $1.50 per month, but no details.  I would guess I would sign up for their pay per call plan, add 911 service for the $1.50 per month, and then set up an obi110 to have GV as primary, but can all 911 calls be setup to automatically go to CallCentric (setup as second service providor) ?

Actually, there are details all over the forum, with lots of strings, brackets, etc.  As a new user myself about to set it up, I've noticed that if you go into OBITALK, click on your device (should be 2nd on list in My Obi Endpoints), click on the little gear wheel next to Service Provider 2, pick CallCentric,  you can setup your CallCentric account INCLUDING checking the box to use for 911 calls.  

Note that you should NOT do this UNTIL you've setup your CallCentric account, and verified that the E911 setup is complete on their end, as once you do this your 911 calls will attempt to go through CallCentric.  CallCentric has info on their site re: setting up E911.

I suspect that the expert instructions were prior to OBI implementing this nice menu option.

Rick

So today I went to setup my E911.  Changed my CallCentric account to Pay Per Call, then used OBiTalk to set it up.  Tested it, rec'd a call just fine, would not send a call.  Sent a trouble ticket to OBi.

I then setup E911 with CallCentric and they responded in less than one hour.  I have NOT yet tested it, as I'm waiting to resolve my CallCentric outbound issues.

Just a note - for a person unfamiliar with the OBi and VOIP, it is not a seamless setup.  I read how easy it was, but if OBiTalk can't setup via its menus CallCentric for outbound on SP2 and E911, what's the point of the menus?