News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forward Landline # to Google Voice - Pls help!!

Started by Lisa2509, January 05, 2012, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa2509

I purchased the obi110 after loving the obi100.  I have the 110 setup with all the correct features except the ability to forward a landline # to GV.  To be clear, when people call my landline number, I would like it forwarded to GV so that it will ring my devices (ie, can get landline #'s while outside my home via GV on cell phone).  Not having any luck getting this to work.  Help is much appreciated.  I saw enable call forwarding under the "line" expert settings, but it did not allow me to change the setting.  Was hoping that the answer was to select it, enter the GV #, and we're set but alas the setting did not allow me to change it. 

RonR

If you want to use the OBiTALK Web Portal, the instructions are here : OBi Expert Configuration

I find it much simpler and quicker to simply log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and configure it directly.  If you use the direct method, you will need to set the following to prevent the OBiTALK Web Portal from overwriting your changes:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

You can forward calls from the LINE Port to the SP1 Service by setting:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> CallForwardUnconditionalEnable : (checked)
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> CallForwardUnconditionalNumber : SP1(12341234567)

where 12341234567 is the number you wish the calls to be forwarded to using SP1.

If you'd prefer to have incoming calls on the LINE Port ring both the OBi PHONE Port and a number using SP1, set this instead:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {ph,sp1(12341234567)}

The first to answer will receive the call.