News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't call out or receive calls after power outage

Started by voodoochild, July 07, 2012, 08:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voodoochild

This is probably a stupid question but I can't figure it out.  New to Obi, using Google voice, been working fine for a couple months or so, power flashed due to a storm & now it's telling me I don't have service when I try to dial out.  I unplugged the obi for 15 min or so, plugged it back in, same result.  The power light is green, the other 2 aren't lit.  When the phone is on, I get dial tone & the phone light on the Obi blinks, the middle light blinks very faintly a few times.  Echo test works.  That's about as far as my expertise goes.  Tried another phone with the same result.  Any ideas?

Frankfone

Try going to the dashboard and checking if you are online.
Go to dashboard, click on your phone number and when it opens see if SIP1 or SIP 2 says "connected".
If not. try resetting the thing or follow more instructions. ( I'm not an expert either! he he! But that's basic)

voodoochild

Yep, says online.  It worked fine then quit.  Who knows.

GregoryZ

I'm thinking that you should do a Factory Reset on the device too.

Then go back into the ObiTALK Portal and set things up again.

If that doesn't do it for ya, then the power flash may have affected the device.

I hope the best for ya.

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

voodoochild

Factory reset didn't work.  Deleted the SP & the device & added device again & it worked.

GregoryZ

Glad to hear that you're up and running again.

;D

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202