News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Set up for receiving incoming calls

Started by mike_forum, December 30, 2011, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimates

Check your call history in the Obi to see if the calls ever came in.

*** How did you get 2 Google Chats listed as forwarding phones?

GregoryZ

Hey Jimates,

At one time, I too had two different Chats as forwarding phones.  I can't tell you how it happened, or how to do it again.  :)
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

jimates

Quote from: GregoryZ on July 07, 2012, 06:34:18 PM
Hey Jimates,

At one time, I too had two different Chats as forwarding phones.  I can't tell you how it happened, or how to do it again.  :)

That would solve the potential conflict for those that want to answer calls in gmail and still have the Obi online.

Just guessing, bu. Did you happen to transfer a google number from one account to another, that already had gv set up on it?

newtothescene

How do you check the call history on the obi device?  The google chat just email you when someone leaves a message.

I think my google chat and gmail match. I'm in the process of figuring that out.

jimates

From the portal go into the "expert configuration" and on the left near top is 'last 10 calls".

newtothescene

I went through the self help section and was directed to the  Google Voice Help Forum.

newtothescene

Last 10 calls option lists no incoming calls

jimates

This is the check list I give when incoming calls on your google voice number don't work.

The Obi will make outbound calls even if calling isn't completely set up on the gmail/google voice end.

Make sure:
1 - Chat is enabled in gmail
2 - Outbound Calling is enabled in gmail and the voice  video plug in is installed
3 - You have made one successful outbound call from within your gmail account
4 - You have checked Google Chat as a forwarding phone in your google voice account
5 - Your gmail page is not open in a browser
6 - You are not running Talkatone, GrooveIp, or any other 3rd party app that uses your google voice account for calls.
7 - Make sure you can log into gmail using the same credentials you used to set up the account on the Obi.

Note: The Obion app does not sign in to your google account, so it will not affect your google chat status. It places calls directly through your Obi using the Obitalk Service.

All gmail and chat references above are for the same account you have set up on your Ob.

GregoryZ

Hey Jimates,

Quote from: jimates on July 07, 2012, 06:38:39 PM
Hey Jimates,

At one time, I too had two different Chats as forwarding phones.  I can't tell you how it happened, or how to do it again.  :)

That would solve the potential conflict for those that want to answer calls in gmail and still have the Obi online.

Just guessing, bu. Did you happen to transfer a google number from one account to another, that already had gv set up on it?

I never thought of that.  :)  Hmmm.... I just looked at my second GV account.  And it still has the two Google Chat #s (username@hotmail.com) & username@gmail.com

I didn't transfer anything to this account.  I just remember that when I first signed up for the Second Voice Account, that I had first used my @hotmail.com user name.  I don't recall the whole signup process, but I do remember that it told me that I had to get a @gmail.com at some point in the signup.  Google Voice then presented me with two "Chat" Phones.  One wth the @hotmail.com and the @gmail.com.

I have other @hotmail.com accounts. I think I'll try to set up another Vocie account and see what happens.  :)

Thanks for the idea!  :)

-G

GregoryZ

UPDATE:

Quote from: GregoryZ on July 07, 2012, 08:30:37 PM
Hey Jimates,

Quote from: jimates on July 07, 2012, 06:38:39 PM
Hey Jimates,

I have other @hotmail.com accounts. I think I'll try to set up another Vocie account and see what happens.  :)

Thanks for the idea!  :)

-G

I was able to setup a new GV account, and it added my user@hotmail.com as a Google Chat phone.

However, after a lot of testing, I was never able to get a call through my OBi using the Google Chat @hotmail.com as a service provider/forwarding phone.

I've not removed the "user@hotmail.com" chat phone from the account, just in case someone else works on this and is successfull.

-G

newtothescene

It seems to work now. I just clicked on something out of boredom and tried to call.