News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to Configure CallCentric on SP2

Started by RJDB, December 31, 2011, 10:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJDB

Installed my OBI a couple of days ago.

Sucessfully configured GV on SP1 with OBITalk.

Registered 2 CallCentric numbers.  Verified both with my PC (X-Lite) with the CallCentric website test numbers.

Configured CallCentric on SP2 with OBITalk.  OBI registration with CallCentric verified on CallCentric website.

When I place a call from my PC to the OBI, the phone rings very short once, then double rings.   When I pick up the phone, the phone stops ringing - but the PC doesn't detect the offhook.

The CallHistory reflects the incoming call (ringing, no connect) with the correct inbound number.

I have examined parameters locally, and the only thing I don't understand is -

ITSP Profile B - General - DigitMap = (*86|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

All Gateways and Trunk Groups are default.

RonR

Quote from: RJDB on December 31, 2011, 10:41:13 AM
When I place a call from my PC to the OBI, the phone rings very short once, then double rings.   When I pick up the phone, the phone stops ringing - but the PC doesn't detect the offhook.

The CallHistory reflects the incoming call (ringing, no connect) with the correct inbound number.

Can you successfully make outgoing calls from the OBi to PSTN numbers (not your other Callcentric number on your PC)?

Can you successfully receive incoming calls on the OBi from PSTN numbers (not your other Callcentric number on your PC)?

Quote from: RJDB on December 31, 2011, 10:41:13 AM
I have examined parameters locally, and the only thing I don't understand is -

ITSP Profile B - General - DigitMap = (*86|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

A DigitMap issue would not cause the problem you're describing.

RJDB

I am able to sucessfully make inbound and outbound to PSTN.

I am able to sucessfully make inbound and outbound calls on GV (**1).

I am able to sucessfully make inbound and outbound calls (OBi PC softphone), including aa functions.

One additional datapoint -

Phone and Line Port Status -> Phone Port Status -> Last Caller Info = CallCentric inbound number/call ID

Maybe time for a factory reset?

Stewart

If you don't yet have a DID with Callcentric, test incoming via SIPBroker.  For example, from your cell phone, dial 1-213-258-4475.  When you hear the welcome prompt, dial *4621777xxxxxxx# (replace the 7 x's with the last 7 digits of your CC number).

Stewart

From phone connected to OBi phone port, what happens when you dial **217771234567 ?  If it doesn't work, what does Call History show?

RonR

Quote from: RJDB on December 31, 2011, 11:07:23 AM

My question was in regard to your CallCentric account problem.  Are you saying you can make and receive calls to PSTN numbers using your CallCentric account (**2 + number), just not between your PC and your OBi?

RJDB

Quote from: Stewart on December 31, 2011, 11:15:09 AM
From phone connected to OBi phone port, what happens when you dial **217771234567 ?  If it doesn't work, what does Call History show?

Does not work
Call History -
Phone 1 to SP2,  Outbound, New Call,  End Call (after 30 sec).

RJDB

Quote from: RonR on December 31, 2011, 11:15:18 AM
Quote from: RJDB on December 31, 2011, 11:07:23 AM

My question was in regard to your CallCentric account problem.  Are you saying you can make and receive calls to PSTN numbers using your CallCentric account (**2 + number), just not between your PC and your OBi?

My response was wrt normal PSTN from/to my phone (not CallCentric).

In a nutshell, everything works except CallCentric (SP2) - no inbound/outbound on SP2.

One additional datapoint - When I configure SP2  -   X_InboundCallRoute
    ={(1777xxxxxxx):aa},{ph}

Phone does NOT ring..   PC does NOT detect offhook (call does not complete),.

RonR

Quote from: RJDB on December 31, 2011, 11:47:44 AM

If incoming calls were working correctly, that would send all incoming calls from other Callcentric users (area code 777) to the Auto Attendant.  All other callers would ring the PHONE Port.

You should return the InboundCallRoute to simply ph until you get your Callcentric issues corrected.  Making unrelated changes such as this will only confuse the issue.

RJDB

Quote from: Stewart on December 31, 2011, 11:08:10 AM
If you don't yet have a DID with Callcentric, test incoming via SIPBroker.  For example, from your cell phone, dial 1-213-258-4475.  When you hear the welcome prompt, dial *4621777xxxxxxx# (replace the 7 x's with the last 7 digits of your CC number).

Same results - Phone rings, when I answer nothing.   SIPBroker does not detect offhook.  Keeps ringing on cell phone side.

RonR

If possible, bypass your router temporarily by connecting the OBi directly to your modem.  Power-cycle both the modem and OBi after making the direct connection.  Then see if Callcentric calls can be successfully made and received.

RJDB

Quote from: RonR on December 31, 2011, 11:53:18 AM
Quote from: RJDB on December 31, 2011, 11:47:44 AM

If incoming calls were working correctly, that would send all incoming calls from other Callcentric users (area code 777) to the Auto Attendant.  All other callers would ring the PHONE Port.

You should return the InboundCallRoute to simply ph until you get your Callcentric issues corrected.  Making unrelated changes such as this will only confuse the issue.

Roger - the only reason I did this was to determiie if the aa answer would complete the call, and possibly narrow things down.  

I have restored it to ph.

RJDB

Quote from: RonR on December 31, 2011, 11:56:07 AM
If possible, bypass your router temporarily by connecting the OBi directly to your modem.  Power-cycle both the modem and OBi after making the direct connection.  Then see if Callcentric calls can be successfully made and received.

BINGO!!

I was able to complete the call with SIPBroker.

Now, what port is it?

RonR

If your router supports SIP ALG, disable it (if it's already disabled, you can try enabling it, but it's usually best if it's disabled).

If that's not the solution, forward ports 5060 - 5061 (TCP/UDP) to the IP address of your OBi.

Stewart

If RonR's suggestions don't help, try setting ITSP Profile B->SIP->X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix (checked), and changing Voice Services->SP2 Service->X_UserAgentPort from 5061 to 5071.

If no luck, report modem make/model?  Separate router make/model?

RonR

You should also stop any SIP client like X-Lite that you might have running on your PC.  It could be adding confusion to the OBi problem.

RJDB

Quote from: RonR on December 31, 2011, 12:13:09 PM
If your router supports SIP ALG, disable it (if it's already disabled, you can try enabling it, but it's usually best if it's disabled).

If that's not the solution, forward ports 5060 - 5061 (TCP/UDP) to the IP address of your OBi.

Before I make the router changes, I have a "new" symptom.

After I put the router back in the path, and repowered everything - I now get ~10 short dial tones when I go offhook.   I am able to sucessfully make inbound/outbound on PSTN and SP1 (I haven't tried SP2).

What is the significance of the ~10 short dial tones??

Thanks for all you support!!!

RonR

That's a 'stutter dialtone'.  It's means you have unread voicemail on your Google Voice account.

RJDB

Quote from: Stewart on December 31, 2011, 12:21:57 PM
If RonR's suggestions don't help, try setting ITSP Profile B->SIP->X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix (checked), and changing Voice Services->SP2 Service->X_UserAgentPort from 5061 to 5071.

If no luck, report modem make/model?  Separate router make/model?

I tried this before Ron's port forwarding suggestion.

My (mixed) results -

SP2 Service status (initially) = Register Failed: 407 Proxy Authentication Required (server=204.11.192.35:5080; retry in 19s)

followed by
Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=204.11.192.39:5060; retrying)

followed by
Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=204.11.192.39:5060; retry in 16s)

It did register a couple of times, and I was able to sucessfully complete a call
Registered (server=204.11.192.22:5080; expire in 38s) and
Registered (server=204.11.192.37:5080; expire in 59s) - but then began to fail again after the registration expired.

I will try Ron's port forwarding later, and post my results.

RonR

If forwarding ports 5060 - 5061 (TCP/UDP) makes calls complete but there are audio issues, also forward:

16600 - 16998 (UDP)