News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Sound dropping out on receiving end? QOS setting

Started by Trick, January 04, 2012, 12:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trick

Hi, calls are choppy on the receiving end and I can hear the caller fine. I was told to setup up QOS in the router. I did this and set priority level to the highest, using a linksys wrt54g, and using mac address and also tried setting the port to high.  It was less choppy with qos disabled, as sometimes my voice didn't even transmit to receiving end. I noticed that if I set the "upstream bandwidth" to manual and typed in a number of 1000 kbps it was better.  Does that make sense? will that effect other internet services?  I tried a number like 100 or 300 kbps but nothing would go through. Didn't even place call.  Is there a value that is recommended?

thanks for the help

RonR

Make sure your Internet connection is not being used by anything else (Netflix, uploading/downloading on the PC, etc.).  With nothing else using your Internet connection, you should not be having audio problems.  If your audio has problems with nothing else using your Internet connection, QoS will be of no help.  If that's the case, try this:

1. Dial *** 0

2. Enter option 27 and press #

3. Press 1 to set a new value

4. Enter a value of 1 and press #

5. Press 1 to confirm/save

6. Hang up

7. Wait for the OBi to reboot