News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Sporadic Reboots

Started by RonR, February 25, 2011, 12:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

I've experieced a couple of sporadic reboots of my OBi since I received it earlier this week.  One just occurred a few minutes ago.  I immediated logged into the OBi and captured the following from the System Status page:

HardwareVersion 2.8  
SoftwareVersion 1.1.0 (Build: 1945)  
SystemTime 13:58:56 02/25/2011, Friday  
UpTime 0 Days 0:00:40  

Please note there is no Reboot Reason Code.

The OBi is plugged into a UPS and nothing else plugged into the same UPS experienced a power interruption.  A PAP2 plugged into the same UPS reports:

Elapsed Time: 2 days and 17:16:17

biomesh

Perhaps an issue with the beta build you are using.

OBi-Guru

Does it still continue rebooting? 
Could possibly be entries of parameters (in error) that the OBi does not like, or it could also be the beta firmware.

RonR

Quote from: OBi-Guru on February 25, 2011, 03:32:46 PMDoes it still continue rebooting?
I've never seen it reboot multiple times in a row.  This last time was after running normally for several hours without any configuration changes.

Quote from: OBi-Guru on February 25, 2011, 03:32:46 PMCould possibly be entries of parameters (in error) that the OBi does not like, or it could also be the beta firmware.
Good programming dictates that input be validated so that it's not possible to enter parameter values that would crash the system.   :)