News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

problem: dialtone but can't dial numbers

Started by RichardDavis, January 05, 2012, 10:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardDavis

Have a new obi110, hooked up to phone port and have dialtone. When I dial numbers on my GE 27910GE1 wireless phone, I hear a beep but I also continue to hear dialtone. I accidentally discovered that if I quickly press a button twice, I hear the two quick beeps (from the phone itself I assume), but the dialtone dissappears and I hear what I assume is a tone response also. So to dial *** I have to press * twice quickly and then repeat that three times. Don't have another phone to test with yet to see if that is my problem, and I have searched around in forums, docs, without seeing anyone with a similar issue. Even with this issue, I have google voice hooked up and can make and receive calls.

Any ideas?

RonR

You need to connect an ordinary corded telephone to the OBi and see if the problem is with the OBi or your GE 27910GE1 wireless phone.  If the problem persists with a corded telephone, temporarily disable your Internet connection (turn off your modem), reset the OBi to factory defaults, and see if the problem is present with the unit totally unconfigured.  If it is, it's possible you have a defective OBi.

RichardDavis

Did get a new phone and everything is working as expected now.