September 19, 2019, 08:39:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:
 
   Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having Problem with Caller ID  (Read 1084 times)
larrybob
Full Member
***
Posts: 116


« on: January 06, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »

I am having problems with OBi recognizing caller id in Brazil. I found out that Brazil uses the same DTMF system as Sweden and Finland so I set this parameter under the line section.

Everything worked perfectly yesterday... but does not work today! No peering number shows up under the call history. Nothing has changed from yesterday to today in the OBI settings.

The inbound line map is set to go to the AA for the calls in the circle... and to the phone for others.

As no caller id is being recognized .. all calls go the the phone.

The only change was a power outage, to the pbx system the obi is attached to.   A fax machine is sharing the incoming line with the OBI, so I was able to confirm that a caller ID is being sent through the line, as it is recognized by the fax machine.

The one thing i could think of , is that the obi is passing the call to the (ph) before the caller Id has time to come through.. Is there a way to delay this transfer, and give the caller ID more time to be received?

The other idea I had was to force a reboot, doing a ***9.... from the attached phone... will this erase all the programing?   

Larry
Logged
RonR
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 4527


« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 04:43:38 pm »

The one thing i could think of , is that the obi is passing the call to the (ph) before the caller Id has time to come through.. Is there a way to delay this transfer, and give the caller ID more time to be received?

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay

The other idea I had was to force a reboot, doing a ***9.... from the attached phone... will this erase all the programing?   

Forcing a reboot with ***9 is safe.  It should not change any configuration items.
Logged
larrybob
Full Member
***
Posts: 116


« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:26:44 pm »

It turns out that the OBI is connected to a business phone system in Brazil. When the power went out, and all had to be reset, the business system, went back to a default setting, which was pre-converting the Caller ID information, to the U.S. system, before it reached the OBI! 
I returned the parameter in the OBI back to the US type, and all is working well.

I have a second installation, at a residence. This should be using the Brazil/Swedish system. I will leave a post when I get this working Larry
Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC