News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with outgoing caller ID number...

Started by slicemaster, January 07, 2012, 08:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicemaster

Well, I'm new to the Obihai line of products but I have managed to configure and use my CallWithUs SIP account. Anyways, I am coming from a Sipura device and one that device i was able to set the outgoing caller ID.  This is important because by default CallWithUs sends out my users name for their service which is pointless... Is there a setting I can change on my obihai to force it to send out my DID number from ipkal? this is what I could do with my spa-1001 but I'm not sure how to do it on the Obihai...

PLEASE HELP!

P.S. I'm now familular with advanced configuration through the web interface, I've figured out what most the settings are but I have been unable to solve this issue and the CallWithUs support staff has never used any Obihai devices so they haven't been able to help either...

Stewart

Under SIP Credentials, try putting your phone number in the URI field.

I'm not a CWU customer, so if that doesn't help, please describe all non-default settings that you have in the SPA1001 and I'll try to give you the corresponding OBi settings.  Of course, don't post actual phone numbers, account numbers or passwords, but make it clear what kind of information goes in each field.

slicemaster

That worked great! put the number in the URI field and bam... thanks alot!

slicemaster

oops...spoke too soon... now with that number in the uri field it won't register...

ADDITIONAL NOTE: With the number in the URI field I can still make outgoing calls with CWU... however the ATA does not register with CWU's servers so I can't recieve calls.... the obihai is reporting a registration failure with
this is what it states for the status on the obihai 110 - "Register Failed: 403 Forbidden auth ID"

any other ideas? why would this affect the registration?

the only thing that explains this as far as i'm concerned is that the obihai is using the uri field for registration when it's not blank....this is stupid! Why is the device using the URI and not the AuthID for registration attempts... makes no sense.... e-mail CWU, I expect they'll be able to shed some light...

Stewart

OK, so try: reset the URI field to blank, turn on X_SpoofCallerID for the SPx in question,
and put the desired caller ID in OutboundCallRoute for the PHONE port, e.g. changing
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1} to {(<**1:>(Msp1)):12121234567>sp1}

I don't know whether you need 10 or 11 digits for the phone number; use what you had originally in URI.

If still no luck, post details about SPA1001 setup.  Worst case, we can use SIP Debug on both devices to see what's different.

hwittenb

Slicemaster,

If you are only using the OBi for one voip provider, CallWithUs, based on what you have reported you could setup CallWithUs on SP1 to register without putting the number in the URI field.  Then in the SP2 configuration field setup CallWithUs to not register and put the number in the URI field as you reported.  Make your outgoing calls with SP2.  CallWithUs allows unregistered calling.

Curious about what is going on with this interesting finding, looking at a WireShark packet trace, it looks like when you put a number in the url field of the SP2 (or SP1) configuration, the OBi sends that number in the Sip INVITE in the From: and Remote Party ID: fields of the Sip INVITE.  Hence it follows that the number could show as the caller id on an outgoing call if the voip provider allows it which you say that CWU does for outgoing calls.
Edit: If you make a call with a Gateway (VGx) provider and you have a number in the URL field of SPx provider the OBi's outgoing Sip INVITE will put that URL number in the Contact: field of the Sip Invite but not in the Remote Party-ID: field.  If you wish the number to show in the Remote Party-ID field it looks like you need to have it in the SP1 or SP2 configurations.  As you reported the problem is the voip provider is rejecting the number if it shows up in a Register request.

I believe the X_SpoofCallerID setting only works on "bridged" calls where it picks up the incoming caller id.  

slicemaster

tried what stewart reccomended and it didn't work... however I did find out that according to call with us, it has to do with what Remote-Party-ID gets sent out.... how can I override this setting on the obi110? I think if I can do that everything will work...

as a side note, I thought about doing the sp1 and sp2 thing, and I'm sure that would work....just not sure if its the right way of going about it is all but if worst comes to worst, i'll set it up that way...

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on January 08, 2012, 08:06:18 AM
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1} to {(<**1:>(Msp1)):12121234567>sp1}

I don't believe {(<**1:>(Msp1)):12121234567>sp1} is a valid OutboundCallRoute rule syntax.

I think what you were looking for is:

{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1(12341234567>$2)}

For this to have any channce of working, you must dial **1 + number.

Stewart

RonR is correct about my invalid syntax (though the replacement has a typo).

To use the primary line, could you replace {(Mpli):pli} with {(Mpli):pli(12121234567>$2)} ?

If you need two slots, instead of burning SP2, you should be able to use a VGx, with ui=12121234567 .

If you don't have a DID with them, instead of registering with CWU at all, you could send IPKall directly to your OBi, using a dynamic DNS name if needed, and a port forward.  However, unless implemented some other way, incoming calls would not have simring, voicemail, etc.

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on January 08, 2012, 11:05:23 AM
RonR is correct about my invalid syntax (though the replacement has a typo).

Missing close paren added.

Quote from: Stewart on January 08, 2012, 11:05:23 AM
To use the primary line, could you replace {(Mpli):pli} with {(Mpli):pli(12121234567>$2)} ?

This isn't a particularly good idea in that if you ever decide to change the PrimaryLine, you have to go back and edit the OutboundCallRoute.

hwittenb

Slicemaster,

I just realized that when you login with CallWithUs they have an "Add Caller ID" section that you can click on the account page that comes up to add your preferred CallerID to your account at the account level.  I set that up and they send my preferred caller id on outgoing calls based on my account number without having the number showing up in the Sip Invite.

slicemaster

hwittenb you're right, however that setting will set the caller id account wide, and I have several different SIP extensions under my one account, all with different caller IDs, hence this solution will not work for me. However, I am pleased to report that the last possible solution RonR recommended WORKED! Thank you so much guys for all your help and support. This community really is awesome and I am so glad I chose OBIHAI for my new ATA.

Anyways, in an effort to contribute to the comunity here and for other callWithUs customers that might be having the same issue where are the setting I used to get everthing up and running properly, and my Caller ID being handled properly.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X (X=A/B):
   General:

General:
      Name -> CallWithUs
      STUNEnable -> Check
      STUNServer -> stun.callwithus.com
      X_STUNServerPort -> 3478

Service Provider Info:
      Name -> CallWithUs
      URL -> http://www.callwithus.com

SIP:

SIP:
      ProxyServer -> sip.callwithus.com
      RegistrarServer -> sip.callwithus.com
      X_SpoofCallerID -> Check

Voice Services:
   SP1 Services:

SIP Credentials:
      AuthUserName -> YOUR CALLWITHUS USER NAME
      AuthPassword -> YOUR CALLWITHUS PASSWORD

Calling Features:
      CallerIDName -> YOUR NAME YOU WANT FOR YOUR CALLER ID

Physical Interfaces:
   PHONE Port:

PHONE Port:
      OutboundCallRoute -> {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli(THECALLERIDNUMBERHERE >$2)}
      PrimaryLine -> SPX Service (X=1/2)

thanks again everyone!

cheers,
Slice

Clive

I know this thread is a few years old now but came across it and it helped me set up caller ID on the different lines on my Obi202.

Thanks.

ProfTech

I realize this is an old post but no one mentioned the fact that Caller ID can be set on each sip entry right on CWU web page. hwittenb was correct, but each line can be set individually also. It can be set for all lines or each line right on their web page. Your choice. Just thought this should make it simpler for anyone seeing this post. No need to jump through all the hoops.