News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Error 403

Started by sammy, January 08, 2012, 06:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammy

Hi Everyone,

I setup my Obi Device with my Sip Provider. The first 4-5 outgoing calls that I try to call I receive an error stating that the number I dialed is not authorized "Error 403". After I keep on trying I manage to connect and talk normally. The incoming calls  do not ring my device at all.

Is anybody experiencing the same issues? I appreciate any advice that will get my device to function as it should.

Thank you in advance.

Sammy

Stewart

A 403 is given by some providers if the device is not registered.  If you were previously using another device or app with that account, check that it has been shut down.

Otherwise, please post:  Provider?  Modem make/model?  Separate router, if any?  In the OBi System Status, what is shown for SP1 and SP2?  On a failing incoming call, what does caller hear?  Immediately or after a long delay?  What, if anything, appears in Call History for the failing call?  On a failing outgoing call, does Call History show the correct Peer Number?  Any other clues about the error, besides the 403?  Does your provider account work properly from a softphone or other device (shut down the OBi when you do this test)?  Anything else that may be relevant, e.g. OBi working ok with another provider, other VoIP devices or apps on your LAN, etc?