News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

There is no service available to complete the call

Started by Harvey, February 25, 2011, 04:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey

My Obitalk Dashboard shows that my Obitalk is online (green light), but, whenever I call out with my phone I get a message now, "There is no service available to complete the call".  For the past week I had no such problem, but just today suddently I could not dial out through my phone attached to my Obiha.  I found that my Obitalk was offline.  I uninstalled the device then installed a new device and got back the green light.  But I still have the same problem ""There is no service available to complete the call"

I tried the test someone recommended in another post, "Pickup the phone and dial **9 222 222 222 and see if you can run OBiTALK's echo server test."  That worked.

That same person in the other post also suggested, "try dialing **9 333 333 333 and see if you can get to AA (from there you can select option 2 and then dial another US number, end with a # key as an additional test).  Then I tried that and got "There is no service to complete the call".

Any ideas?

I just verified by making another call out from my Gmail voice and
it worked without the Obihai device.

RonR

Your post is very confusing.  OBiTalk and Google Voice are totally unrelated and one doesn't need the other to work:

1. You don't need OBiTalk or its Dashboard for Google Voice calls to work (**1 and/or **2).

2. It doesn't make sense that you can successfully call **9 222 222 222 but not **9 333 333 333.  They are both OBitalk calls and use the very same service in your OBi.

Harvey

Sorry, RonR, I need to clarify.  

1. I understand that I don't need OBiTalk or its Dashboard for Google Voice calls to work (**1 and/or **2).
I just wanted to inform everyone that my Dashboard does show that the Device is Online.  My issue is that I can not dial out (or receive calls into my phone set that is attached to my Obihai device).  I did try calling again now with the prefix **2 (my Obihai is listed as SP2 on my dashboard), and even using the prefix **1 and still I get the same error message, "There is no service to complete your call".

2.  You wrote "It doesn't make sense that you can successfully call **9 222 222 222 but not **9 333 333 333.  They are both OBitalk calls and use the very same service in your OBi."  I just now tried those two tests again and now both tests work. Thanks for the heads up.

However, if someone calls to my Google Voice number, although for a week I had no problem, now my phone set attached to my Obihai does not even ring and when I pick it up, I only hear a dial tone, although calls to my Google Voice number come into my landline properly. I was able to call out through my Google Voice via my handset connected to my Obihai for about one week, but now, even if I try to call out with the **2 or **1 I can not get through (same error message).

I have upgraded to the newest Obihai firmware and have my Google Voice settings set so that calls to my Google Voice number are to ring both to my landline and my "Google Chat".

biomesh

Quote from: Harvey on February 26, 2011, 07:41:16 AM

I have upgraded to the newest Obihai firmware and have my Google Voice settings set so that calls to my Google Voice number are to ring both to my landline and my "Google Chat".

So are you logged in to GV/Google chat when this issue happens?  If this is the case, it is due to being registered to GV twice and the devices are fighting over who is the primary connection.

I would make sure you stay logged out of GV/GC and see if that fixes the issue.

RonR

biomesh,

Google Voice does not use SIP and there is no concept of being registered.  Being logged into your Google Voice account shouldn't cause problems (it doesn't for me).  Having Google Voice ring a landline as well as Google Chat should also not be a problem.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: RonR on February 26, 2011, 10:28:29 AM
biomesh,

Google Voice does not use SIP and there is no concept of being registered.  Being logged into your Google Voice account shouldn't cause problems (it doesn't for me).  Having Google Voice ring a landline as well as Google Chat should also not be a problem.

RonR, while being logged into Google Voice may or may not be a problem (and I wouldn't be so quick to say it isn't if I were you), being logged into the Gmail account associated with the Google Voice number definitely is a problem. I believe it's because when you have Gmail open, there is also a Google Chat client open, and if Google Voice is sending your calls to Google Chat (as is required to use the Google Voice support in the OBi device) then it's a tossup which will get an incoming call.  I've personally seen the situation where calls would not come through until I logged out of Gmail.  I haven't researched all the possibilities (that is, exactly what Google pages you would have to be logged into or have open to cause a problem), so it's just safer to tell folks to make sure they aren't logged into any Google service using that account, so you don't have to worry about it being an issue.

Also, your statement that "there is no concept of being registered" may technically be true (I honestly don't know about that), but at the very least you do still have to authenticate with Google Voice, which is why you have to enter your password during the setup of the account on your OBi.

Please keep in mind that just because you haven't experienced a particular issue doesn't mean it hasn't affected anyone.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

RonR

Harvey,

At this point, the easiest solution may be resetting the OBi back to factory defaults and trying again to configure it from the OBi Dashboard.

If you'd prefer to configure it manually for Google Voice, here's the settings:

System Management -> Device Update -> Reset Configuration

System Management -> Network Settings -> LocalTimeZone : [your local time zone]

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : [your Google Voice username]

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : [your Google Voice password]

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Primary Line -> SP1 Service

RonR

MichiganTelephone,

I just verified again that making outgoing Google Voice calls from my OBi is not affected by being logged into my Google Voice or Gmail account.  I didn't try incoming calls, but will do so later.  Harvey can't make outgoing calls, plus it's not clear from his post that he was even logged into any of his Google accounts when he was trying to get his OBi to work.  I think biomesh misinterpreted

(I) ... have my Google Voice settings set so that calls to my Google Voice number are to ring both to my landline and my "Google Chat."

as Harvey being logged in to Google at the time.

You certainly do have to give the OBi valid Google Voice credentials as it has to send them each time a call is initiated, but that's not the same as SIP registration.

freetalk

Harvey,

After you deleted the device from OBiTALK and added it back, did you re-configure the Google Voice account? When you deleted the device, all the configuration would be deleted as well.

Harvey

I was, for the whole week that my Obihai was working, logged in to Gmail and Google.  I keep a Firefox tab open all the time with my Gmail.

Thanks to Freetalk. I did the following, as I had deleted the device and then put it back.  I just now went to reconfigure the Google Voice at the Obihai.com Wizard for Google Voice and, using my ip, which I obtained by ***1, which resulted in 192.168.1.2, I then configured and the message on the screen was that it was successful and that my device would now reboot.  It did not reboot. I manually rebooted the Obihai device by unplugging it and then replugging it from my power strip.  Still I received, upon trying to call the same error message "There is no service available to complete the call".  I tried the configuration wizard about 4 times, just in case I have put in something wrong, like typing in my wrong gmail password.

I did see RonR's recommendation that "easiest solution may be resetting the OBi back to factory defaults and
trying again to configure it from the OBi Dashboard."  I did do that also and still have the same error message.

OBi-Guru

Harvey, go back to your Obitalk.com portal, and login.   

Click on the OBi110 icon, and then click on Service Provider 1 (somewhat at the bottom of the page), select Google Voice, and you will be directed to enter your gmail username/passwd, click submit.   Wait a moment till your box has rebooted, and then you can make a call (press 1-area_code-number).

Don't use the obihai.com wizard to configure your Google Voice, since your device is now on obitalk.com

This short Youtube video might help you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTmWqP706E

the step described at the 2:00 minute mark is where you need to do to set up your GoogleVoice.

Harvey

Thanks, Obi-Guru.  That was what I needed.  Problem solved.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: RonR on February 26, 2011, 11:43:22 AM
MichiganTelephone,

I just verified again that making outgoing Google Voice calls from my OBi is not affected by being logged into my Google Voice or Gmail account.  I didn't try incoming calls, but will do so later.  Harvey can't make outgoing calls ...

Sorry, Ron, I missed that part.  Thought you guys were talking about incoming calls.  Never mind.  :-[
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Harvey

My service is now working, but my Obitalk dashboard now shows that the device is offline:
http://screenshotuploader.com/s/3FrRGqc4jx1

I click on the Obi110 ico and see, "Service Provider 1   Google Voice™ Account   Service Not Configured"
http://screenshotuploader.com/s/l3MbmYPZsPm
even though that configuration was what I did to get my service to work.  I am not so concerned, as I have service to rmake calls now (and I have also received calls) through my Obi using Google Voice, but was just curious.

kevin

I ran into the issue of "there is no service available" everytime after my 2wire modem reboots itself. the problem is resolved when my obi100 is powered cycle or rebooted through device manager web access. this is really annoying since the phone service is periodically disconnected. I disabled DHCP, however, this problem still exists. any advice?

RonR

Quote from: kevin on May 26, 2011, 10:38:20 PM
I ran into the issue of "there is no service available" everytime after my 2wire modem reboots itself. the problem is resolved when my obi100 is powered cycle or rebooted through device manager web access. this is really annoying since the phone service is periodically disconnected. I disabled DHCP, however, this problem still exists. any advice?

The OBi doesn't handle Ethernet/Internet disruptions very gracefully.  If you wait long enough, the OBi might reboot itself and go back into service.

Do you have the latest firmware installed?  There were some slight improvements, but it still relies on a brute-force reboot for recovery.

droid

Just an fyi....

I had the same issue just now with my google voice service. After worrying over it for a few minutes, i remembered that i had changed my google password a couple of days back and this was the first time using my phone since then.

simply updating my password on the obitalk dashboard fixed this instantly.

i know this was a stupid error on my part but just thought i would throw it out there in case it helps someone in not having to factory reset their device.

nogard

My system had been working okay, I changed the call screening in GV to off and now I am getting "There is no service..." when I go into the Obi dashboard, both of my endpoints show a yellow light. but when I click on the configure icon I get  "Service Provider 1   Google Voice™ Account   Connected      X".  any help would be appreciated

RonR

Quote from: nogard on August 12, 2011, 11:02:23 AM
My system had been working okay, I changed the call screening in GV to off and now I am getting "There is no service..."

Turning off call screening in your Google Voice account should not cause the OBi to report "There is no service..."

The OBi is not dependent on the OBi Dashbord for its operation.

A good first test to determine if your OBi is basically operational and connected to the Internet is to call the echo test at **9 222 222 222.  If this is successful, then your problem is probably with your service provider in some way (Google Voice in this case).  If you cannot reach the echo test, then the OBi is probably not communicating with the Internet.

A lot of information can be had by looking at the OBi's System Status page.  You can display this by using your web browser to connect to the IP address returned by dialing ***1.

Phil

I created a new Google Voice account, configured it correctly and made a call from it.

I followed the setup as described in Michigan Blog.
Clicked on the Google Voice Wizard link from Michigan Blog and filled everything in.

Tried to call out        "No service etc...."

*** 1 says my OBi's IP is 192.168.1.10
HTTP to that IP times out.

**9 222 222 222 echo test works
**9 333 333 333 gets recorded response

Dropped my firewall - still times out.

Rebooted router and OBi - still times out

Any suggestions?

Thanks Phil