News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using the call recording function

Started by JimV, January 11, 2012, 12:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimV

Very excited to see that there is supposed to be a call recording function.  Unfortunately, after both updating the software and making sure I was using Firefox (9.0.1) I do not see the buttons on the call status page.

This could be very cool, but is there a way to configure for all calls to be recorded?  Where are they stored?  Is there any provision made for moving them?

Thanks.

RonR

The Record button shows up on the Call Status page when there is an active call in progress on the PHONE Port.

The only way I know of to start recording is to click on the Record button when it's available.  The OBi will stream an audio file to your web browser.

lk96

Also I noticed that the "record" butting is available only when connecting to Obi through
a local browser. When going through the Obitalk "expert" configuration, the "record" option
doesn't seem to be there.

L.

Paulo

Don't forget to advise your callers that you will be recording the concversation. Otherwise, make sure that it is legal to record people without them knowing.