News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use one provider for local calls and another one for international calls

Started by skoub, January 11, 2012, 05:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skoub

Hi!

i would like to know how i can configure my Obi110 to use one provider for my local calls and when i want to make calls outside the country, use another provider.

thank you!

alex

RonR

Incoming calls on all trunks ring the OBi PHONE Port by default.

Outgoing calls by default go out the trunk defined at:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine

An alternate trunk can be used instead by prefixing the dialed number with a service route access code:

**1 + number  ->  SP1 Service
**2 + number  ->  SP2 Service
**8 + number  ->  LINE Port
**9 + number  ->  OBiTALK Service

It's also possible to configure the OBi to automatically route calls based on the dialed number format.  For example:

911  ->  LINE Port
      7 digits  ->  LINE Port
10/11 digits  ->  SP1 Service
          011+  ->  SP2 Service

skoub

how would you do that yo automaticly route a specific call to SP2?
i don't think that it will be easy to route outside country calls to SP2 (is there a trick?). Probably that instruct the obi that if the long distance call is for area code 503, redirect to SP2?

how would you do that?

RonR

Assuming that the PrimaryLine is SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code (for 7-digit dialing).

International calls (011+country code+number) would be redirected to SP2.

Shammi

Could calling gtalk would be possible through sp2 which is not my primary Line.

Stewart

Quote from: Shammi on January 11, 2012, 07:28:26 PM
Could calling gtalk would be possible through sp2 which is not my primary Line.
Sure.  Please describe which providers you have on each service, and which destinations you want routed to each.

Shammi

That would be exciting!

I have sp1 freephoneline.ca (with canadian number) and this is my primary line. That's why this is what I want to use to call GTALK's of my contacts in the same email

sp2 is google voice.

Also (if possible) I want to receive calls from my friends's gtalk on different phones. for example, if my1stfriend@gmail calls, I want to receive the call through sp1 on my home phone number say 55XXXXXXXX. If other friend my2ndfriend@gmail calls, I want to receive the call on my cell phone through sp2 on 66YYYYYYYY. And the 3rd friend my3rdfriend@gmail calls, I want to receive the call on my office phone through sp2 on 77ZZZZZZZZ.

Thanks for help.

Shammi