News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls made from Romania resid./cell phone to Obi in Romania-Can't get Attendent

Started by jeetco, January 12, 2012, 10:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yhfung

Jeetco,

With the help from Stewart, your friend in Romania can make phone calls to other places via OBi110, the method will depend on the stability of that system. I believe your problem is your friend phone number could not be shown on your friend's office obi110. I would like to help you in exploring this issue if you like.

Please use an ordinary phone that is able to show incoming caller's ID and connect the telephone line of your friend's office. If the telephone could show the the caller ID whenever your friend calls in, then the problem is the Obi110, which has not been properly set based on your local Romania telco PSTN requirement.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

jeetco

yhfung,

Thanks for the help!  I did do a test with my relatives phone.  He connected a "caller i.d-readout" phone to the Romania-office phone line, and made a call to that phone.  That phone did not show any caller id info what-so-ever.  So, that tells us that he just does not have caller id service on that romania office phone line.  So, I dont think it's a Obi device problem.  I think it may be an phone line problem. 

Having said that:
1. Could I develop a LocalPhone account (or similar or iNum) for that particular Romania-Obi and then therefore
2. will that service (Localphone or similar) provide the "caller id" necessary for the Obi to further route the calls as I program them? 
4.  I would like to use that Obi in Romania to be able to make calls and get calls to/from Greece and Australia--my Romania relative has friends and other relatives in those countries.

carl

Normally, localphone provides you with a caller ID, as a matter of fact that was the reason why I subsribed for an incoming number and now I will be taking a second one from another country . Without an incoming number, you get a "weird": caller ID which did not work for me because people were not picking up.
Having said that I have no clue about romanian phone lines and what they support.
Yes, off course, you can open a localphone account for that romanian obi. You can do it everyuwhere except for countries which block VOIP. You should be able to make calls from that romanian Obi to other countries.

yhfung

jeetco,

With the service provided by Localphone, you could install the Localphone SIP credentials in SIP2 of OBi110 with the an assumption of GV installed in SIP1. However I do not know whether your PSTN (access number of iNum) is able to be detected.

I have an idea of use of PIN before entering the OBi110 AA. Your relative could access the service provided by OBi110 in Romania if a correct PIN is entered. With the PIN function, your relative phone ID is no longer needed anymore.

This PIN feature may apply your Localphone as well if you are able to detect the incoming caller's telephone ID.

For security point of view, please ask your Romanian relative for checking with the local telco to see any possibility of telephone caller ID service.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

jeetco

Yhfung,

Can you please tell me what is "PIN".  Is it an acronym for something?
If it's just a pin as in a numerical password -- how do you go about using/programming the "PIN" in the Obi so as to access the Obi services (for example, the attendent)?

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: jeetco on January 26, 2012, 02:57:37 PM
If it's just a pin as in a numerical password -- how do you go about using/programming the "PIN" in the Obi so as to access the Obi services (for example, the attendent)?

You can protect access to the Auto Attendant by using a PIN (Personal Identification Number):

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PIN1
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PIN2
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PIN3
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PIN4