News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Disable Inbound Calls on FXO?

Started by Supermanfan, January 12, 2012, 03:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermanfan

Is it possible to disable inbound calls (or not have those calls sent to the attached phone) coming in on the Line/FXO port?  I want to retain the land-line on the FXO port for outbound 911 on (yes I know I can get E911 through other providers), but I don't want inbound calls to that number to ring the phone.

Thanks in advance.

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {}

Supermanfan

I changed the value from "ph" to "{}", hit submit, then reboot.  It seemed to work briefly, then upon testing it would ring through again.  I went back into the config and see that it is back to "ph" again.

SIP1 is Google Voice.  No SIP2.  Qwest/CenturyLink on Line port.

Sorry - I am an OBI newbie.  Am I missing a step?  Is there some other save step I need to perform?  I have done it repeatedly and it always reverts back to "ph".

RonR

If you're configuring the OBi directly, you must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Otherwise, the OBiTALK Web Portal will keep overwriting your changes with its settings.

Supermanfan

Awesome, thanks! 

1. I had set up the initial GV config via the OBI web site (not local web interface).  I didn't realize there was an expert config on the web site, so I assumed I had to use the local web interface.

2. I went ahead and make the change you gave me via the web site and it works great now! 

Thank you!

I am blown away by this device.  I have two.  One with two GV accounts (two kids lines) and one for the parents GV with the land-line backup/911.  Eventually like to drop the land-line, but the wife won't buy into eliminating the old reliable POTS with 911.  Just dropped it to basic line only, no features (cheapest).

Thanks again!