News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk AA Interception

Started by MurrayB, January 13, 2012, 10:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MurrayB

I have two Obi 110 at two locations in the US on the same dashboard. When I call over the Obitalk network between the endpoints I get the AA. I went into the Obitalk setup wizard for that endpoint incoming call route and set it to default which is ph and hit submit. That is what shows now. However, when I call I am still intercepted by the AA. Thanks!

RonR

The ONLY way the Auto Attendant receives a call is through an InboundCallRoute rule : {xxxxxx:aa}

Log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  Go the InboundCallRoute on the trunk that you don't want the Auto Attendant answering the caller on and find the offending rule.

You can remove the offending rule using the OBiTALK Web Portal OBi Expert area or in the OBi itself.  If you remove it from the OBi itself, you must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

or the OBiTALK web Portal will put it right back the way it was.

MurrayB

Hi RonR thanks for your response.

What is what I did supposed to effect? I got that data by searching  the forum and found what I thought was the answer to my question.

Thanks again!

RonR

Quote from: MurrayB on January 13, 2012, 01:19:45 PM
Hi RonR thanks for your response.

What is what I did supposed to effect? I got that data by searching  the forum and found what I thought was the answer to my question.

Thanks again!

I thought you were wanting particular callers to NOT be interecepted by the Auto Attendant.

MurrayB

This is what I am trying to achieve:

1. Call one location to another via ObiTalk network rather than GV without the AA. If I can't no big deal.

2. Frequently call forward temporarily (most important the line) all incoming calls to the other location via Obitalk network rather than GV without the AA.

3. Is call forwarding on an Obi global for all trunks?

4. What did the change I made effect? I got the impression from a previous post that changing the inbound call route by checking the default eliminates being intercepted by the AA? Should I uncheck the default to change it back?

Thanks a heap!

RonR

Quote from: MurrayB on January 13, 2012, 02:17:53 PM
1. Call one location to another via ObiTalk network rather than GV without the AA. If I can't no big deal.

One OBi can call another OBi by dialing **9 + OBiTALK number.  By default, that will ring the called OBi's PHONE Port.  Those calls can also be routed to the Auto Attendant where you can ring the PHONE Port or place an outgoing call from that OBi.  You can also directly place an outgoing call without using the Auto Attendant (this is called single-stage dialing).  Single-stage dialing using the configuration generated by the OBiTALK Web Portal Circle-of-Trust is limited to single-state dialing using the PrimaryLine of the target OBi.  Single-stage dialing using any trunk of the target OBi requires a configuration such as this:

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk

2. Frequently call forward temporarily (most important the line) all incoming calls to the other location via Obitalk network rather than GV without the AA.

*72 will unconditionally forward all calls to another location.  The forwarding can be to another OBi (**9 + OBiTALK number).

3. Is call forwarding on an Obi global for all trunks?

There are individual call forwarding settings (unconditional, on busy, and on no answer) for each of the four OBi trunks which can be set as desired.  Star Codes (*60/*61/*72) set them all at once.

4. What did the change I made effect? I got the impression from a previous post that changing the inbound call route by checking the default eliminates being intercepted by the AA? Should I uncheck the default to change it back?

I'm still confused regarding previous posts.  Checking Default does force an InboundCallRoute to ph.

MurrayB

Thank You!  You confirmed my thoughts. However, per your final comment that's  what I did - set the "target Obi
default to ph via the web portal and I still am intercepted by the AA. For myself to call that location is no big deal but I would prefer anyone else forwarded to go to a ringing phone. If I can't solve this I will have to forward via GV.

I think that I read every post before I purchased the Obi I really admire your and others effort to to help everyone. This is really a great device especially for the price.

RonR

Quote from: MurrayB on January 13, 2012, 05:50:18 PM
However, per your final comment that's  what I did - set the "target Obi
default to ph via the web portal and I still am intercepted by the AA.

That's not possible. The ONLY way the Auto Attendant will answer is if there is an {aa} type rule in the InboundCallRoute of the trunk you are calling.  There is no other path to the Auto Attendant.  If the trunk you are calling has an InboundCallRoute of ph, then only the PHONE Port will ring and the Auto Attendant is out of the picture.

Recheck things.  Look in the OBi itself - that's the only place that really counts.  Something is not as you're describing.

MurrayB

OK I will be at that location end of next week and will look at the Obi. I just rechecked and the inbound call route for all is checked default and says ph.

Cut & Paste:

Inbound Settings                      Value         Device Default       OBiTALK Settings
ITSP InboundCallRoute         ph                   
OBiTALK InboundCallRoute      ph  !   
POTS-line InboundCallRout             ph   

Can't do the check marks.

MurrayB

I went to the other location and logged into the Obi. The command to route all Obi talk calls to ph did not download. I changed the setting locally and the AA no longer answers. I agree RonR the only way to be sure is to work directly on the Obi. I have to do the same on the Obi at the location where I am now. The speed dials did download by the way.

Re: my question about forwarding settings being global. I was referring to all incoming calls regardless of the trunk. I am confused about your comment on the forwarding star codes for all four trunks. I see how I can set the different star codes to select the outgoing trunk under different conditions. I am missing how I could set forwarding star codes selectively for incoming trunks. Perhaps I did not understand your answer.

Thanks Again!

RonR

Quote from: MurrayB on January 22, 2012, 02:39:11 PM
Re: my question about forwarding settings being global. I was referring to all incoming calls regardless of the trunk. I am confused about your comment on the forwarding star codes for all four trunks. I see how I can set the different star codes to select the outgoing trunk under different conditions. I am missing how I could set forwarding star codes selectively for incoming trunks. Perhaps I did not understand your answer.

Each trunk (SP1/SP2/OBiTALK/LINE) has its own call forwarding settings (Unconditional/OnBusy/OnNoAnswer).  The only way to set them individually per trunk is through the settings themselves.  Star Codes (*72/*60/*62) set them all at once (i.e. *72 sets CallForwardUnconditional on all four trunks at once).

Be aware that due to intentional restrictions imposed by Obihai, when CallForwarding or DoNotDistrub are in effect, all InboundCallRoute rules on the SP1, SP2, and LINE Port trunks are ignored.

MurrayB

Thanks for the clarification. I have to watch my terminology. Star codes are global. Settings are individual.