News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Reset stuttering dial tone?

Started by Kent, January 15, 2012, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

I have an Obi 110 configured to work with Google Voice.  A week ago I missed a call which went to Google Voice mailbox, and my phone presented me with a stuttering dial tone indicating a new voice mail message.  I played the message and deleted it from Google voice web page.  But my phone continues to give me a stuttering dial tone.  I performed a power cycle reboot of the Obi110, and even installed the latest firmware revision, but seemingly nothing will reset the dial tone stutter.  Can anyone point me to a solution?  Thanks.  Kent

RonR

The OBi is not working very well with Google Voice Voice Message Waiting Indication.  The last update was supposed to fix it, but it's still very erratic with lots of retries and failures.

You might try the following:

Log into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  You cannot do this from the OBiTALK Web Portal as the needed setting does not exist there.

Disable Auto Provisioning and reboot:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Go to:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting

and uncheck the Default checkbox and click Submit.  Unplug the power from the OBi.  With the OBi powered off, clear the Message Waiting Indicator on the phone.  If the Message Waiting Indicator on the phone returns with the OBi powered off, the problem obviously isn't with the OBi.

Plug the OBi back into power and go back to:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting

If the checkbox immediately to the right of this setting becomes checked and your phone again reports Message Waiting, it's the OBi that's turning it on.  If the checkbox stays unchecked, the phone should not turn on its Message Waiting indicator.

Kent

Big thanks RonR -- I followed your suggestions.  Stuttering dial tone has been fixed!  Happy Days!

Kent

Jeff205

Thanks RonR, that did clear up the false shuttering dial tone.  Now without MessageWaiting enabled, I do not get a message indication on the phone (light or shuttering dial tone) when I actually have a message.  When I go back and select this option, and listen to the message, it does not clear.

So, what do the three options actually mean?
MWIEnable = Shutter tone?
X_VMWIEnable = flashing light?
MessageWaiting = ?

Is there an issue with the proper functioning of MWI right now?

RonR

Quote from: Jeff205 on January 24, 2012, 11:17:18 AM
Is there an issue with the proper functioning of MWI right now?

MWI with Google Voice frequently takes many retries before succeeding, totally fails frequently, and sometimes waits an hour or more between retries.  The result is unreliable and unpredictable operation.