News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can the OBi110 have 4 connections?

Started by squish102, January 16, 2012, 03:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squish102

I currently have set up and not quite tested 100%, SP1 with google voice and SP2 with one of the betamax voip providers for international dialing.

Can you connect more SIP providers? There is another betamax voip provider that has cheaper calls to one of the countries I use. Another voip provider I would like for 911 calls.

And I was busy looking at SiptoSis for maybe a skype gateway. Not to dial out, but to receive skype calls from overseas to my phone.

Another question, if I have an ooma currently and it has 911, could I use the line to connect to the ooma device for 911 service?

Before I try any of this, I would be thankful is someone could say yes/no before I spend a whole lot of time researching how to do it.

Thanks

RonR

Connect the Ooma PHONE Port to the OBi LINE Port.  Dialing 911 from the OBi PHONE Port is automatically routed to the OBi LINE Port, so you should be all set there.  Be sure to test it to make sure.

Assuming the additional SIP provider(s) you want to use accept outgoing calls without SIP registration (most do), you can configure them on Voice Gateways.  You will not be able to receive incoming calls on providers configured on Voice Gateways unless their incoming calls can be forwarded via SIP URI (many can).

Skype can be integrated to the OBi using SipToSis.  I have that implemented here and use it frequently.

squish102

Thank you RonR

I managed to get it all working with the great instructions on this forum.

Additional Voip Gateway: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0

Skype Setup: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1196.0

I have SP1 with google voice
I have SP2 with rynga.com (Used for calls to South Africa) - Dialplan changed to automatically use this
I have Voice Gateway 3 actionvoip.com - I use the **3 to use this in emergencies when other voip not working
I have Voice Gateway 8 set up for Skype. I run Skype on a linux box and siptosis between obi and skype. Works well
I use Ooma to cover 911 using phone jack. (Don't know if I can test this or get into trouble)

So Thanks RonR for all the help.

Stewart

Quote from: squish102 on January 21, 2012, 10:23:44 AMI use Ooma to cover 911 using phone jack. (Don't know if I can test this or get into trouble)
You should test 911.  First, call your police non-emergency number and ask for permission.  They should suggest a time when emergency traffic is expected to be light.

When you call 911, immediately state that this is not an emergency and you are just testing.  Confirm that their display shows your number and your correct physical address.  Don't hang up until they have acknowledged that there is no emergency -- otherwise you'll get a visit from the cops.  Thank the dispatcher and then end the call.

TimDan

Quote from: RonR on January 16, 2012, 04:02:58 PM
Skype can be integrated to the OBi using SipToSis.  I have that implemented here and use it frequently.
Are you saying that you have configured your OBi110 to interface with Skype without an ATA as if it were a SIP VoIP service?  My Impossible Dream has been to connect an OBi110 directly to Skype and Nettalk without ATAs - could that be done?
I see mention of your use of SIPtoSIS - where does that app run?

TimDan

RonR

Quote from: TimDan on January 21, 2012, 06:46:11 PM
Are you saying that you have configured your OBi110 to interface with Skype without an ATA as if it were a SIP VoIP service?

The normal Windows Skype client is running on a PC.  SipToSis is also running on the same PC.  The flow is:

Skype  <-->  SipToSis  <-->  OBi

Incoming Skype calls ring the OBi PHONE Port, a desk phone connected to the OBi using a PAP2, and my cell phone via Google Voice.

I can make outgoing Skype calls from the OBi PHONE Port, a desk phone connected to the OBi using a PAP2, and my cell phone via Google Voice and the Auto Attendant.

Using SipToSis to Make and Receive Skype Calls Through an OBi

TimDan

Quote from: RonR on January 21, 2012, 07:14:29 PM
Quote from: TimDan on January 21, 2012, 06:46:11 PM
Are you saying that you have configured your OBi110 to interface with Skype without an ATA as if it were a SIP VoIP service?
The normal Windows Skype client is running on a PC.  SipToSis is also running on the same PC.  [....]

OK, I misunderstood.  I thought there was no PC involved, and Skype IP packets passed to and from the OBi110 via the ethernet port without going through an intervening PC.  Is it correct, though, that SIP VoIP from services such as Voipo and Voip.ms and CallCentric can communicate directly with the OBi110?

TimDan

RonR

Quote from: TimDan on January 21, 2012, 08:22:04 PM
Is it correct, though, that SIP VoIP from services such as Voipo and Voip.ms and CallCentric can communicate directly with the OBi110?

Yes.  The OBi has two Service Provider channels (SP1/SP2).  Each can be configured for Google Voice or SIP protocol.

If at least one of the Service Provider channels is configured for SIP, each of the eight OBi Voice Gateways can accommodate an outbound only SIP channel.  Incoming calls via SIP URI are also supported.