News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound CID Spoofing is it possible?

Started by Loughary, February 26, 2011, 12:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unvalidUser

Quote from: VaHam on April 12, 2011, 09:13:31 PM

Well I will have to agree with the poster in the other thread that $2 does not work and therefore the two cases you cite above are not in fact equal. 

But either {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2(4151234567>)} OR {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2(4151234567>(Msp2))} does achieve my goal of having my GV cid shown on my second provider instead of it's own cid...

Hi all,

(old thread i know but it's exactly my issue)

Can anyone confirm the above quoted method and syntax still works on current OBIs/firmware?

I'm trying to get this to work on an OBi200 with firmware 3.0.1 (build: 4581) ... and it's not happening.

unvalidUser

I can confirm that Voip.ms blocks this functionality.

http://wiki.voip.ms/article/Caller_ID#Outgoing_Caller_ID_number

There is currently a field within the customer's account pages that allows the CallerID to be entered (or left blank). It can be changed at any time by the customer and does not have to match any numbers on-account. If the field is left blank, Voip.ms passes the customer's 'main account ID' as the CallerID - which I'm not sure is such a great idea.

I've put in a feature request for them to allow ATA/software-specified CallerID to pass through their system but I don't expect a response as to If or When it might be implemented.

amarden

I have the same issue - I'm using Freecall as the provider. They allow you to set any registered number (that has been verified) or no callerid. But what I want is to be able to set one of my DIDs as the callerid if I call a specific country and the other one if not. I shoudl be able to so that with OBI100 I thnk, but I gues that Freecall is blocking it. (at the moment I am having a hard time getting the to understan dteh question I am asking, even)

drgeoff

Quote from: amarden on December 07, 2015, 11:24:32 AM
I have the same issue - I'm using Freecall as the provider. They allow you to set any registered number (that has been verified) or no callerid. But what I want is to be able to set one of my DIDs as the callerid if I call a specific country and the other one if not. I shoudl be able to so that with OBI100 I thnk, but I gues that Freecall is blocking it. (at the moment I am having a hard time getting the to understan dteh question I am asking, even)
https://www.freecall.com/helpdesk2#/answer-772_ is not clear as to whether the outbound CID from them is changeable on the fly from your OBi.

- On SIP
Log in on the website with username / password and choose the tab option called "Settings".
1. Check the SIP settings on the Settings page. The Sip Server Access should be set to "Enable".
2. In the phone number section on the same Settings page check if the number you want to use as Caller ID is verified and "Caller ID" is selected.

Check the configuration of your SIP device (Check the SIP information on our website and/or the information of the producer of your SIP device) and depending on the chosen configuration below, check the following:
- When using the User name in the SIP configuration of your device, we will use the caller ID as set on the Settings page of our website.
- When using a Phone number in the SIP configuration of your device, make sure you use the international format and that the same number has been entered in the Phone number section of the Settings page and has been verified.