News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Resolved:Need Help accepting inbound calls in line port for PABX extension case

Started by dash, January 17, 2012, 09:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dash

I really appreciate if you could help me to solve this issue.

I setup OBIHAI 110 for our office connecting to Analog PABX
I connected OBIHAI 110 to phone port to CO line of Analog PABX and line port to extension 219, please refer to below diagram.

When I call using my softphone to Obihai 110 or other branch obihai 110 devices, its going to main PABX welcome message attendace and it works great.

However, from inside office, when user dial extension 219 to connect OBIHAI 110, it is ringing but it doesnt connect. I mean I cannot get OBIHAI 110 Auto Attendance message.

Please help me to solve this issue. I have been spending almost two weeks but I couldnt solve therefore, I really appreciate someone could guide me to solve this.

Thanks advance for your help in this.

RonR

If the phone labelled Ext. 219 is a regular telephone and the distribution panel passively connects that telephone to the OBi LINE Port, it's not going to work.  The OBi LINE Port expects to be connected to a PSTN line, not a telephone.

I believe you want the OBi LINE Port connected to the Ext. 219 line of your PBX, not to the Ext. 219 telephone.

dash

Yes, I connected OBIHAI 110 line port to extension port of 219. Not telephone.

Therefore, when other users in the office using different extension should pick their phone and dial extension 219 to connect OBIHAI 110 but it is not connecting to OBIHAI 110.

dash

I have revised drawing to avoid confusion.
Please help me so that telephones in different extension can call OBIHAI 110 device connected in line port, which is extension 219.

Stewart

After a failed call to extension 219, what, if anything, shows in the OBi's Call History?

If nothing, disconnect the cord from the OBi LINE port and connect a single-line analog phone (not an NEC system phone) in place of the OBi.  Verify that you can reach it by dialing 219 from another extension.  If not, you may have a problem with wiring, with the programming of the NEC, or the extension may be set up for a system phone (it should be configured for a standard single-line set).

If the call does show in Call History, check the InboundCallRoute for the LINE port -- it should be set to route to the AA, e.g. {aa}, though you may have used something more complex (that you haven't explained yet).

Another useful test is to temporarily disconnect the OBi's PHONE port and connect a single-line analog phone to the PHONE port.  Pick up phone and you should hear dial tone from the OBi.  Press # and you should now hear dial tone from the NEC and should be able to dial an internal or external call.

RonR

Is the OBi LINE Port LED lit solid when connected to PBX Ext. 219?  Does it blink when PBX EXt. 219 is ringing?  Does a telephone connected in parallel with the OBi LINE Port ring?

Monitoring from the OBi (not the OBiTALK Web Portal), what does Status -> PHONE & LINE Status -> Line Port Status show before and during ringing of PBX Ext. 219?  What shows in the OBi Call Status during the ringing and in the Call History after the ringing?

dash

Dear Stewart and Ron R
Thank you very much for your replies

To answer your questions to Stewart

1)I connected single line analog phone and when I dial 219 from other telephone  inside office, it rings
2)I checked call history but nothing showing even {aa}.
3)As per instruction I connected single line analog phone to the phone port of OBIHAI 110 then connect extension line 219 to line port of OBIHAI 110. After that from other telephone inside office , I dialed 219 but  no ringing in analog phone connected to OBIHAI 110's phone port.
4)As per instruction I connected single line analog phone to the phone port of OBIHAI 110 then press "#", I receive message from OBIHAI device "NO Service available".

To answer your questions to Ron R

1)OBi LINE Port LED lit is solid when connected to PBX Ext. 219.
2)When I dial 219 from different phone, OBIHA 110's line port starts to brink and ringing is there. However, when I connect analog phone to phone port of OBIHA 110, analog phone doesn't ring.
3)I think no 2 answered this
4)When I dial 219 from different phone, it shows
Line Port Status
State: Ringing
LoopCurrent:0 mA
VBAT:
TipRingVoltage:25V
LastCallerInfo:--

However nothing in call history

Stewart

For the LINE port, try changing LineInUseVoltageThreshold from 25 to 18.

If no luck, report the values of Line Port Status when the device is idle.

dash

Dear Stewart,

Thank you very much!!!

After I changed LineInusevoltagethreshold from 25 to 18, the analog phone connected to phone port of OBIHAI rings. Also, when I connected Co line of PABX to phone port of OBIHAI, I can hear Auto Attendance message of our PABX. Therefore, this is ok.

However, my intention is that when I dial 219 from different office phone, I am suppose to go to OBIHAI Auto Attendance so that user can call other Obihai device or **1 to use google voice to call international calls.

I really appreciate if you could help me this to achieve this.

Thanks

Stewart

If you set InboundCallRoute for the LINE port to {aa} then calls to 219 should be answered by the OBi's AA and you can make calls from there.

However, unless there is some obstacle of which I'm unaware, it may be better to set up an access code in the NEC, which routes to the trunk connected to the PHONE port.  You would dial the access code, hear dial tone from the OBi and dial the desired destination number.

Even better, you could set up automatic route selection on the NEC, so calls to particular countries were automatically routed over the OBi trunk, without any two-stage dialing being required.  If the OBi trunk were already in use, the higher-end switches would give you the option of sending some (executive) users over a higher cost route and giving a circuits-busy indication to others.

You didn't say what country the NEC is in, but if the international calls you are refering to are not to US or Canada, Google Voice is IMO generally not a good value.  At comparable rates, you can get better quality, with proper caller ID delivery and early media handling, from Callcentric or Anveo.  Or, good quality at much better rates from Voxbem (Premium route).  Or, routing flexibility and great rates from CallWithUs, Future-Nine or VoIP.ms.  Or, for the absolute lowest prices (you'll need to risk €5 to see whether quality is adequate to the places you call), try a Betamax brand http://backsla.sh/betamax .  And, of course, any of the companies mentioned have better support than GV.

dash

Dear Stewart.

Thank you very much!!! you are a star!!
it is working now.

By the way, I call korea, Japan most of time therefore, which provider is better to call those countries.

Please let me know.

Stewart

I looked at Google's rates and was surprised to see that they are quite competitive to JP.  With Voxbeam, you could save about 10-20% on calls to mobiles and a few percent to landlines (billing increment is one second, so the percentage savings is higher if you have many short calls).

Although IMO quality and reliability won't be as good as GV, you could give a Betamax company a shot.  Internetcalls is cheapest to JP and offers a free trial call.  The "free" calls offered by most Betamax companies come with complex rules that may be difficult to conform with in a multi-user environment, so you might consider e.g. Internetcalls for mobiles and Easyvoip for landlines.

To KR, GV rates are about double those of the low-cost providers.  In addition to Voxbeam and Betamax, take a look at CallWithUs and Future-Nine.