News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 Mapping

Started by Judgeless, January 18, 2012, 02:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarke33

Oh, you mean the one in the upper right hand corner that I totally missed? Duh :-[

Clarke33

When I went to ITSP profile B, it didn't keep the changes. Should I have unchecked the default box to enable it?

RonR

Did you remember to set?:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

If you don't, the OBiTALK Web Portal will be overwriting your changes with its settings.

Clarke33

I didn't do that. Thanks

Clarke33

When I go to SP2 service status it says: Register failed. No response from server.

RonR

Do you have?:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.anveo.com
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

You might also try:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.anveo.com:5010

or

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServerPort : 5010

Clarke33

I'll try that. I really hope I'm not asking too many questions but I'm trying to learn.

RonR

Not a problem.  I don't have any experience with Anveo, which appears to use a non-standard SIP port, so this is shooting from the hip for me.

RonR

I just signed up for an Anveo account and was able to get the OBi to register with this combination:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.anveo.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServerPort : 5010

Clarke33

I'll try that next, thanks

RonR

It's working.  I can make calls, but it rejects them because I don't have any funds in the account.

Clarke33

When I go sp2 status it now says it is registered. Is this what I'm looking for?

RonR

It appears Anveo wants numbers dialed as country code + area + number.  If that's the case, US/Canada calls should work fine, but international calls will need the 011 stripped off:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<011:>xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

RonR

Quote from: Clarke33 on January 26, 2012, 08:52:05 PM
When I go sp2 status it now says it is registered. Is this what I'm looking for?

Yes.  I think you're there.

Clarke33

I think I will tackle the 911 part tomorrow. In order to call through Anveo rather than Google what do I need to do?

RonR

For 911 through SP2 (Anveo), see Reply #8

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine selects the default trunk for outgoing calls.

You can select an alternate trunk when dialing with a prefix:

**1  ->  SP1
**2  ->  SP2
**8  ->  LINE
**9  ->  OBiTALK

Clarke33

I just found that and have already tried it out. It rang through to my cell phone because I have money in my account for the 911 service. Thanks so much for your help because otherwise I would have been lost. I'll probably be back more tomorrow for help on the 911 setup.

Clarke33

Big thanks to RonR for all the help. I got the OK from my local 911 to test my system and it worked as planned. The only thing I noticed was a longer delay between dialing and the answer on their end. As a matter of fact I wasn't sure the call had gone through because I heard nothing until the ring started.

RonR

Quote from: Clarke33 on January 30, 2012, 05:09:54 PM
As a matter of fact I wasn't sure the call had gone through because I heard nothing until the ring started.

The OBi should initiate the call to Anveo two seconds after you complete dialing 911.  You can eliminate that two seconds by dialing 911#.  After that, it's out of your control.

RonR

Quote from: DocDoc on February 03, 2012, 09:16:00 PM
Could you point me to the correct website for this Aveno $0.80/mo e911 service?

Anveo 911