News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 Mapping

Started by Judgeless, January 18, 2012, 02:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDoc

Yes I see I should have kept reading first!  Thanks!

Quote from: RonR on February 03, 2012, 09:20:53 PM
Quote from: DocDoc on February 03, 2012, 09:16:00 PM
Could you point me to the correct website for this Aveno $0.80/mo e911 service?

Anveo 911

DocDoc

I'm attempting to set up this exact same scenario.

I have set up Avneo.  (SP2 says Registered.  Avneo site also sees the SIP phone registered.)

I have a free account so I don't suppose I can make outgoing calls (except for perhaps the e911 calls.  Not tested yet.)

However - I have ObiApp (ObiON pc) and I can make OB calls through SP1 (GV) no problem.  But I'm trying to use these prefixes (like **2 for calling through SP2) and I get the auto attendant.

He says dial 1 to continue this call , 2 to make a new call , and 3 to enter a call back number.

I can't seem to get the SoftPhone (x Lite 4) through my ObiApp to dial out through any trunk (sp1 or sp2) by using the prefix.

Help?!

RonR

Quote from: DocDoc on February 03, 2012, 10:15:20 PM
I have set up Avneo.  (SP2 says Registered.  Avneo site also sees the SIP phone registered.)

I have a free account so I don't suppose I can make outgoing calls (except for perhaps the e911 calls.  Not tested yet.)

Have you configured the OBi to route 911 calls to SP2 instead of the LINE Port?:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Quote from: DocDoc on February 03, 2012, 10:15:20 PM
However - I have ObiApp (ObiON pc) and I can make OB calls through SP1 (GV) no problem.  But I'm trying to use these prefixes (like **2 for calling through SP2) and I get the auto attendant.

The configuration generated by the OBiTALK Web Portal is very minimal and only supports single-stage dialing though the OBi's PrimaryLine (**n prefixes are not supported).

You will need to use a configuration such as one of these in order to be able use any trunk on the OBi:

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk Using SIP

DocDoc

Quote from: RonR on February 03, 2012, 10:34:37 PM

Have you configured the OBi to route 911 calls to SP2 instead of the LINE Port?:

Yes I have already done that - thx!

Quote from: RonR on February 03, 2012, 10:34:37 PM
The configuration generated by the OBiTALK Web Portal is very minimal and only supports single-stage dialing though the OBi's PrimaryLine (**n prefixes are not supported).

Without having read your links yet - I do have single stage dialing already set by having included my ObiON 9 digit number in my trusted circle.  That was one of the first things I did and it works great.

Is this still related to being able to make my soft-phone through ObiON being able to dial out through the sp2 trunk?

Thx again!

RonR

Quote from: DocDoc on February 03, 2012, 10:38:57 PM
Without having read your links yet - I do have single stage dialing already set by having included my ObiON 9 digit number in my trusted circle.  That was one of the first things I did and it works great.

Is this still related to being able to make my soft-phone through ObiON being able to dial out through the sp2 trunk?

Having configured the OBi through the OBiTALK Web Portal, you are limited to making calls from OBiON Apps via single-stage through the OBi's PrimaryLine ONLY.  You cannot select an alternate trunk using **n prefixes from an OBiON App unless you implement a more capable configuration such as one of those I referenced.

DocDoc

WOW!  I have some mind melding to do.  Where can I learn what the heck all this stuff means?  It looks like a completely different programming language of sorts.  Where can I learn the syntax, definitions, and what switch turns on what where?

Also - let me ask if this is possible (and I just realized that I need to say thank you for all the help you've already provided - and thank you for the future help you do provide!)

I use vTiger Open Source CRM.  I have it installed on Free Economy Hosting with GoDaddy (super awesome since it works just great and only costs me what a domain costs per year!  And I have plenty of unused domains !)

We make LOTS of calls to internet leads.  In order to make calling a more pleasant experience (as if making calls to potential customers can EVER be pleasant!   :D) I have incorporated using Google Chrome web browser, Google Voice plugin for Chrome, and Google Talk/Voice free internet softphone (out of Gmail.)

This is a great set up because the phone numbers in all my lead records in vTiger now show up as 'click-able' links so when you click it - it dials the the Google Talk/Voice softphone and away you go with the call.

So my team just sits there and points and clicks, points and clicks, points and clicks - to make phone calls.  It's very efficient.

I looked into ObiHai because Michigan Telephone has a whole bunch of write-ups about the product.  Specifically the ability to use ObiHai as a gateway between a Google Voice trunk and Asterisk.  (Since Asterisk and Google Voice integration currently is awful.)

The reason for getting Asterisk and GV involved was because I am prepared to hire developer to do the following:

1.  Create click-to-dial functionality for a 3rd party softphone (eventually to be a built in softphone to vTiger just like Gmail has built in softphone).

2.  Create a dial plan that INSTANTLY starts dialing a new lead imported into the system, prompts all available agent that a call is in progress, and first agent to click 'accept' will have the call routed to that same available agent waiting to take a call.  (First strike on internet leads - very competitive.)

3.  Allow a system that when agent hears a voice mail greeting - after the 'beep' presses a 'play button' to play a customized voice mail message that is pertinent to the customer (prompting for a call back.)  After pressing this 'play button' the agent's line is freed up to go on to the next call - but in the 'background' the voice mail message is still being played to the customer's voice mail system - and of course - once system has finished playing the outbound voice mail message - the system hangs up.  (Ultimately this allows agents to move through actually LEAVING a voice mail message without having to speak it as well as not having to wait through the message before going to the next call - this will greatly increase call volume per hour.)

Why am I telling you all this....?  Ultimately to ask this question:

It is very apparent to me that this ObiHai device and ObiTalk network combination are very powerful - much more powerful than any softphone, VOiP service, etc - that I've every played with, configured, and implemented.

I'm wondering - are any or all of things I mentioned above possible in any way with the ObiHai device and ObiTalk service?  Even if there still needed to be some 3rd party development - what I'm getting down to is will the Asterisk server even be necessary or could I just rely on the options and configuration features of ObiHai and ObiTalk to accomplish what I want with these features?

Thanks again in advance.

Quote from: RonR on February 03, 2012, 10:46:49 PM
Quote from: DocDoc on February 03, 2012, 10:38:57 PM

Having configured the OBi through the OBiTALK Web Portal, you are limited to making calls from OBiON Apps via single-stage through the OBi's PrimaryLine ONLY.  You cannot select an alternate trunk using **n prefixes from an OBiON App unless you implement a more capable configuration such as one of those I referenced.

Ostracus

Some of that sounds like Voip.ms's "Calling Queues". I'm sure other providers have similar.

DocDoc

I read their wiki on Calling Queues - and no...sorry - none of that which I mentioned is related to calling queues.  That has to do with INBOUND calls and placing them on hold...waiting for a pick up.  Other PBX systems might call this 'parking.'

The only place where I could see a 'queue' as part of the description I gave was to 'queue' up the OUTBOUND call while it is still playing the OUTGOING voice mail message to the customer's voice mail machine - and then hang up/drop the call from the queue after the message is done being played.  But for the reference you gave me - again that appears to do with INBOUND calls - not the same thing.

Quote from: Ostracus on February 04, 2012, 09:58:46 AM
Some of that sounds like Voip.ms's "Calling Queues". I'm sure other providers have similar.

RonR

Quote from: DocDoc on February 04, 2012, 09:04:35 AM
Where can I learn the syntax, definitions, and what switch turns on what where?

OBi Device Administration Guide

hpmoon

OK, so like, I get to be cranky here because I fucking hate relying on scattered guidance in a forum thread for matters of life and death.

For God's sake, has Obi actually posted clear instructions anywhere?  This is ridiculous.  And in this thread it's like, one person says here's the string, uses boldface for things you need to customize but only mentions the second boldfaced item, and another person says "oh hey don't forget to disable Auto Provisioning," and then another person says "oh hey don't forget to specify the line number, and then another person says "oh and here's how!"

FOLKS:  More sophisticated boards than this a rather tidy about ensuring that the ORIGINAL POST is updated with accurate and complete information, like a wiki.  If Obi thinks this issue is a joke and doesn't have official guidance, then I'm relying upon strangers until that moment when I dial 911 and get nothing...then die.  Wonderful.

jimates

Quote from: hpmoon on July 02, 2012, 10:36:52 PM
OK, so like, I get to be cranky here because I fucking hate relying on scattered guidance in a forum thread for matters of life and death.

For God's sake, has Obi actually posted clear instructions anywhere?  This is ridiculous.  And in this thread it's like, one person says here's the string, uses boldface for things you need to customize but only mentions the second boldfaced item, and another person says "oh hey don't forget to disable Auto Provisioning," and then another person says "oh hey don't forget to specify the line number, and then another person says "oh and here's how!"

FOLKS:  More sophisticated boards than this a rather tidy about ensuring that the ORIGINAL POST is updated with accurate and complete information, like a wiki.  If Obi thinks this issue is a joke and doesn't have official guidance, then I'm relying upon strangers until that moment when I dial 911 and get nothing...then die.  Wonderful.
The Obi is not a service, it is a device. 911 is provided by the service provider, not Obihai. Alternate 911 configuration will never be "official" from Obihai. If you want official 911 configuration, that comes during the provider configuration.

If you don't want to rely on strangers .....then die, I suggest not using any type of alternate 911 settings, go with real 911 service from a service provider.

Ostracus

I think it bears repeating. You're getting everything from this forum free. We'll do our best, but this isn't a job for us. 911 for the Obi110 is set up properly for the 90 % to go out the Line port. Anyone using alternatives bears the responsibility to read all the warnings and have contingencies.

Everton

WOW....another individual with an entitlement attitude and is basically looking for someone to spoon feed him because he brought an inexpensive and highly technical ATA in order to use a free service and expects the world.  I participate on a number of technical forums and I find the help offered on this forum to one of the best, with very clear instructions on how to make changes to the device.  It does however, require at least a fourth grade education and/or basic common sense, something this poster lacks to the nth degree!  Maybe OBiHAI should issue a warning along with the ATA, alerting potential buyers to that rather mundane requirement.  Instead of asking for clarification or additional help, this individual goes off on a tirade, further exposing his total ignorance of what the device does and the steps to make the device functional.  Poor hpmoon........

For God's sake, has Obi actually posted clear instructions anywhere?  This is ridiculous.  And in this thread it's like, one person says here's the string, uses boldface for things you need to customize but only mentions the second boldfaced item, and another person says "oh hey don't forget to disable Auto Provisioning," and then another person says "oh hey don't forget to specify the line number, and then another person says "oh and here's how!"

FOLKS:  More sophisticated boards than this a rather tidy about ensuring that the ORIGINAL POST is updated with accurate and complete information, like a wiki.  If Obi thinks this issue is a joke and doesn't have official guidance, then I'm relying upon strangers until that moment when I dial 911 and get nothing...then die.  Wonderful.

Frankfone

It is frustrating for me to look for simple answers on basic questions.
For example: if I wanted a complete list of syntax codes and their actual meaning, where would I find it? Ex: sp, ph, mli, etc. Not just for me, but for any newbie that comes to use their Obi and wants to start jamming codes and numbers to experiment. Thank you

jimates

See OBi Call Routing and Digit Map on page 174 of the admin guide
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

The guide isn't really for newbies as it may give each syntax but isn't specific on what is the correct way to use it.

The correct way to use the service syntax is as follows
pp = obitalk service = pp(ob290xxxxxx)
spx = sp x service = sp1(18005551212)  (sp1, sp2, sp3 or sp4)
li = LINE Service = li(18005551212)