News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 and Skype ATA

Started by fbjd, January 21, 2012, 12:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbjd

Hello, just got an Obi110 and I'm trying to connect my skype ATA to it for skype access.
I have a dlink DPH50U skype ATA whose PHONE port is connected to the LINE port on the Obi110. I can press '#' to bypass the Obi and talk to the skype ATA just fine, ie. making an outgoing call through skype. However, an incoming call to skype does not ring the phone connected to the Obi. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Fabian

RonR

Is there any record of the incoming call in the OBi Call History?

Can you answer the call by pressing # even though the OBi phone is not ringing?

fbjd

RonR,

I looked at the 'last 10 calls' log and don't see any of the non-ringing calls. I assume that's what you meant by checking call history. Sorry, still new to this Obi web interface.

If I press # on the Obi phone while a call is coming in from skype, it cuts out the call and hangs up the line.

-Fabian

RonR

It's better to look at Call Status and Call History in the OBi itself as the OBiTALK Web Portal is not always accurate/up-to-date.

You might try lowering:

Physical interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingThreshold

and see if you can get the OBi to detect the Skype adapter's ringing.

fbjd

RonR, that was spot on. I reduced the ring threshold voltage from 49.5v to 23.65v and it worked. Thanks a million!
-Fabian

TimDan

Quote from: fbjd on January 21, 2012, 01:26:25 PM
... it worked.

Fabian, how is the voice quality using the Skype ATA/OBi110 interface as opposed to a "naked" Skype ATA?

TimDan

fbjd

Call quality seems not to be compromised. However, I haven't used it extensively yet as I've just set it up today. I'll report back again with more usage.

yhfung

Could you do the second-stage dialing with the Skype ATA via the OBi110 gateway?

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

fbjd

I can now confirm that there is NO noticeable quality difference using skype. As for 2-stage dialing, I have not tried that yet and honestly, do not know how to do it. If you can point me to some documentation, I could give it a try.

mrjoe

I tried changing the Ring Threshold Voltage and it didn't help for me.
I can't get it to ring when plugged into the Obi although it shows in the PSTN Call Logs that the call is coming through..