News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One user-one landline-3 cell phones-3 google voice numbers

Started by Girbabe, January 21, 2012, 01:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girbabe

Without going into a complicated explanation, I will be purchasing my first Obi.  I am only one person with multiple connections and numbers but none of them will ever be used simultaneously.  Only one at a time whether in coming or out going.  With that said,  how can I create a set up with Obi to use my landline and 3 Google voice/cell phones that will minimize the cost and most importantly, the minutes used on the cell phones?  90% of the usage will be at home but I would like the ability to use any one of the 3 cell phones while away without running up minutes.  I could do away with the 3rd cell if necessary but really need the other 2 AND the landline.

Secondly, I use my android Google GPS and would like to know how that works with Obi, or if at all.  Would I be able to make standard GPS connection on my cell whereby it will route through Obi so that I'm not using any data?

Thanks much for your help!  What a great forum and a great product!

Girbabe

Forgot to mention that I have a 3 phone VTECH Link to Cell system if that makes a difference.

jimates

The Obi can only have 2 google voice accounts so you would need 2 Obi110 devices. You can daisy chain them so that all 4 services ring the same phones.

If you have smart phones you can use the Obion app to connect through the Obi's. As far as using cell minutes, wifi or data, that depends on your phones. The Obi should not have any effect on that.