News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Which Other Service Providers are MORE RELIABLE than Google Voice?

Started by otherwhirl, March 08, 2012, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otherwhirl

I am frustrated with Google Voice. Supposedly they were offering their free VOIP thru 2012 (at least this is what I have read)

Now, When I plugin in directly to my modem I get this error message:
"There is no service available to complete your call..."

When I plugin via my router I am able to make calls  and receive calls, but nothing is heard but silence.

I'm starting to think this maybe a GV issue. Although I was just able to make calls 3 days ago.

If anyone can recommend a better service provider I would appreciate it.

Thanks

jimates

The "no service available to complete your call" is coming from the Obi. The Obi is either not connecting to the internet or not connecting to the service provider.

When you connect direct to the modem you must power cycle the modem and the Obi. If you do not, and then plug it back into the router it is the same as doing nothing. You should power cycle everything when you are trying different configurations.

otherwhirl

Did that (2 mores after reading your post...) and STILL the same ! ???

Quote from: jimates on March 08, 2012, 12:34:44 PM
The "no service available to complete your call" is coming from the Obi. The Obi is either not connecting to the internet or not connecting to the service provider.

When you connect direct to the modem you must power cycle the modem and the Obi. If you do not, and then plug it back into the router it is the same as doing nothing. You should power cycle everything when you are trying different configurations.