News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk for iPhone

Started by mrjoe, January 25, 2012, 03:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

How can I make dialing from the iPhone app exactly the same as if I would be dialing from the Phone Port of my Obi110?
At the moment I have {(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):LI} in the InboundCallRoute of my OBiTALK Service Tab.

When I try using **8 to select the PSTN line it refuses.

Thanks

RonR

The configuration generated by the OBiTALK Web Portal is very limited and only supports single-stage dialing through the PrimaryLine.

I believe this is what you're looking for : Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk

mrjoe

Thanks for your response RonR,
Not quite sure how to Navigate that...
Please could tell me what I would have to put in the box to be able to dial directly through my Obi110 as if I was dialing on the phone connected to it.
Thanks so much

RonR

Everything you need is in the very first post of the thread I pointed you too.  I could copy/paste it here, but it wouldn't be any different.  It's not as complicated as it looks at first glance.

You simply need to make the described changes at:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX

PHONE Port and Auto Attendant DigitMap

PHONE Port and Auto Attendant OutboundCallRoute

Speed Dial #2

mrjoe

I don't see anywhere to put my iPhone's Obitalk number in here:

{(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)):li},
{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

or do I not need to also "Note: Replace pli above (2 places) with the OBi's PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine trunk name (sp1,sp2,li,pp,tg1) as the OBi won't do it for you."
What would I put where? you told me once to put my dial plan in the Physical, Line Port

please excuse my ignorance

Thanks

mrjoe

I did everything that you instructed in that post (put li in place of pli) and when I call from my iPhone's Obion App I still get a dead line when dialing **8199 which should take me to my PSTN's Customer Services.

I'm going abroad soon and I want to be able to use my PSTN line as if I'm there as there are many numbers that can only be called from phones based in that Country.

Thanks

jimates

For the simplest setup, once you designate your Obi as the default gateway for your Obion app, put this in the
Voice Service -> Obitalk Service -> InboundCallRoute

{(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx)>(<**2:>xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxxx)>(<**8:>xx.):LI},{(290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}

Replace 290xxxxxx with your Obion number.
Dial 10 digits from the Obion app with any prefix if needed.

If you have multiple Obion aps using the same gateway you can add that number to the map.
{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxx)>(<**2:>xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(<**8:>xx.):LI},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}

Then you can use your Obi and your Obion app while you try to decipher the other stuff.

mrjoe

I'm really sorry RonR, I tried dialling it direct from the Phone and got the same dead line.

The Problem may have been that I had set ChannelTxGain to 5 on my Line Port, I changed that back to default and now it is working fine?!?

I wanted people who I Bridge from PSTN to Voip to hear me better.

The setup does seem to be working fine now, thank you.

What is the Speed dial for though.

Also what is the best way to enhance my voice when bridging a call through Google Voice without causing too much echo or distortion.

I also turned up ChannelRxGain on my Phone Port to 12, as I am using a RJ11 to 3.5 audio Jack for Music on Hold and it was very quiet.  Do you think this can cause any problems with sound quality?

Thanks so much

mrjoe

Wherever you wrote to put 200xxxxx I put My iPhone's OBiTalk No. 290xxxxxx but it seems to be working fine.
Again I apologise for my ignorance in this field.

RonR

Quote from: mrjoe on January 25, 2012, 04:32:26 PM
What is the Speed dial for though.

It's for addressing a particular OBi in the case where you have more than one.  Since you only have one, there's no advantage to using a leading '2' to dial from your iPhone since your one and only OBi is the IPhone's gateway.  If you ever add more OBi's you'll be able to address any one of without making any changes.

Quote from: mrjoe on January 25, 2012, 04:32:26 PM
Also what is the best way to enhance my voice when bridging a call through Google Voice without causing too much echo or distortion.

I also turned up ChannelRxGain on my Phone Port to 12, as I am using a RJ11 to 3.5 audio Jack for Music on Hold and it was very quiet.  Do you think this can cause any problems with sound quality?

I've not had any need to change the gain settings, so I can't offer much help.  The best thing to do is simply experiement.  You can always put things back by simply checking the Default box.

RonR

Quote from: mrjoe on January 25, 2012, 04:39:36 PM
Wherever you wrote to put 200xxxxx I put My iPhone's OBiTalk No. 290xxxxxx but it seems to be working fine.

Speed Dial 2 can be ignored in your case unless/until you have more than 1 OBi.

The 'cot' DigitMap should contain the OBiTALK number(s) of any OBi's or OBiON App's that are allowed to make calls through your OBi110.

mrjoe

It works great.
Thanks very much

is there anything else superfluous in my setup?
I followed the whole post for Single-Stage Dialling.

RonR

Quote from: mrjoe on January 25, 2012, 04:51:27 PM
It works great.
Thanks very much

is there anything else superfluous in my setup?
I followed the whole post for Single-Stage Dialling.

No, you should be good to go.

mrjoe

Thanks, have a good night!
I'd better be getting some sleep as it is approaching 3am here :-)