News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

STUN issues

Started by xibai, January 26, 2012, 06:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xibai

Hi, I am using callwithus. I have the same problem as descried by slicemaster in his/her 1/8/2012 post (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2242.msg14242#msg14242) and 1/10/2012 post (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2254.msg14359#msg14359): SIP account is registered and I can call regular telephone numbers through OBI110 and Obi100 but there is no audio at all or one way audio when calling other callwithus' internal numbers. The registration status on callwithus' website shows it is behind "NAT." I have other VOIP adapters which works well with callwithus showing "no NAT."

Just wonder how slicemaster solved the problem.

RonR

Have you tried connecting the OBi directly to the modem to see if the router appears to be a contributor to the problem?

xibai

It is connected directly to the router. I used to have a ASUS Router n13u and I have recently changed to a new router LINKSYS E3000. Still have the problem.

RonR

I was suggesting temporarily bypassing any router and connecting the OBi directly to your modem to see if the problem goes away.  If it doesn't, you've eliminated the router as a possible source of the the problem.  If the problem goes away, it's likely a router/NAT issue.

After making the direct connection, power-cycle both the modem and the OBi.

xibai

Thanks, I will try.

FYI: as slicemaster said in his posts, I also tried following setting:

note: the only setting I took off of default pertaining to stun is the:
STUNEnable
STUNServer
X_STUNServerPort

As suggested by Stewart, I also tried setting X_SymmetricRTPEnable.

Still no working. Now I will try to connect it without the router.

xibai

I have one obi110 and one obi100. Now I connect the obi110 to internet without the router and obi100 through the router.  Callwithus' website shows Obi110 "no NAT" and there is no more one way audio problem. Obi100 still has "NAT" issue. So apparently it is a NAT issue.

My question is that it will cost lots of efforts to connect the obi100 without router. Both my old router and the current router are common ones Is there any setting I can adjust within the Obi100 web portal to solve such problems? My other brand voip adapters work well with or without router.

Thanks.

RonR

You should try to get one OBi working properly through a router before you connect a second OBi or any other VoIP device to the same network.  I wouldn't worry about whether CallWithUs says there is NAT or NO NAT.  If you still have audio problems with one OBi connected through a router, you might try forwarding ports 16600 - 16998 to that that OBi and see if that gets it going.  You need to start out very simple and work your way up.  Trying to get multiple VoIP adapters going all at once can be tricky.

xibai

Thanks for your reply, RonR. I am not worried about what callwithus says. The problem is that when Callwithus' sip registration status shows "NAT," I always have problem with calls with other callwithus users. And that when it shows "no NAT," I don't have any issue.

Could you be more specific about how to change forwarding ports 16600 - 16998?

Thanks.

RonR

There should be a 'Port Forwarding' area in your router where you can forward a port or range of ports to a particular LAN IP address.  You want to forward the port range 16600 - 16998 to your OBi's LAN IP address.  These are ports that RTP (audio) use.

xibai

I will try. Thank you, RonR.