News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two OBI boxes one Google number.

Started by Judgeless, January 27, 2012, 05:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judgeless

I sure this is covered but I could not find it.  Can I put the same Google voice account on two OBI boxes?  Will it ring them both at different locations?  Can I make calls with both?

Stewart

You can't have two registrations on the same Google account, so IMO you have two choices:

1. Have the "master" OBi register to Google and link to the "slave" OBi via OBiTALK or SIP.  The master would fork incoming calls from GV to the PHONE port and the slave, and funnel outbound calls from the PHONE port and the slave to GV.  Problems: A failure of the master or its Internet connection would also knock out the slave.  The slave would be subject to increased latency, as well as quality issues if the master's Internet connection were overloaded.

2. Have the master register to GV normally, but set up a DID (IPKall or paid) to relay incoming calls to the slave.  The slave would have its own GV account for outgoing calls.  Problems: Incoming calls to the slave may have longer latency or lower reliability.  Calls from the slave would show a different caller ID.  If that was undesired for only a few calls, you could set up an alternate route via the master (selected manually or by number called).

Vincent

Quote1. Have the "master" OBi register to Google and link to the "slave" OBi via OBiTALK or SIP. 

I'm a real newbie and was wondering if you could detail this a bit further or point to docs on how to do this through the web gui?

Many thanks,
Vincent

RonR

Vincent,

Configure the first OBi normally for Google Voice on SP1.  Then set:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200654321>(Msp1):sp1},{200654321:aa},{ph}

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200654321),ph}

where 200654321 is the OBiTALK number of the second OBi.

This will cause incoming calls to SP1 to ring the local phone as well as the second OBi.

Configure the second OBi as follows:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|<2*>(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200123456)

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the first OBi.

The will cause outgoing calls to be sent through SP1 of the first OBi.

Vincent

Quote from: RonR on January 27, 2012, 12:05:01 PM
Vincent,

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200654321>(Msp1):sp1},{200654321:aa},{ph}

This will cause incoming calls to SP1 to ring the local phone as well as the second OBi.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|<2*>(Mpli))

Thank you so much for helping me get started with this. Following these instructions, I'm finding that my ph will ring once then then aa picks up. If I continue the call, the second obi will start to ring. Any ideas what's going on?

What I'm ultimately trying to accomplish is:

OBI#1 located at my house has a GV# on SP1.
OBI#2 located at my office has a different GV# on SP1.
OBI#1 located at my house has SP2 to be configured to ring as OBI#2, SP1
OBI#2 located at my office has SP2 to be configured to ring as OBI#1, SP1

Thanks,
Vincent

RonR

Quote from: Vincent on January 27, 2012, 12:40:59 PM
I'm finding that my ph will ring once then then aa picks up. If I continue the call, the second obi will start to ring. Any ideas what's going on?

I suspect you entered OBiTALK numbers into the OBiTALK Web Portal's Circle-of-Trust, which got all tangled up with the changes I described.  The configuration I posted above assumes you simply configured the first OBi for Google Voice on SP1 and then made the changes I outlined.  The second OBi was to be configured only as I outlined.  No Circle-of-Trust or other configuration was to be done on either OBi.

RonR

Start out with a simple configuration on each OBi with its particular Google Voice account on SP1.  Do not use any Circle-of-Trust.  Then set the following:

200123456 represents the OBiTALK number of the Office OBi and must be set as Speed Dial 2.
200654321 represents the OBiTALK number of the House OBi and must be set as Speed Dial 3.

House OBi:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456>(<+:>(Msp1)):sp1},{ph}

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200123456),ph}

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port ->  DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|<**2:2*+>(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers -> ITSPA -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Incoming calls to SP1 will ring the local phone plus the Office OBi.
Outgoing calls will use the local SP1 by default.  **2 + number will use Office OBi SP1.
Speed Dial 2 will call the Office OBi.

Office OBi:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200654321>(<+:>(Msp1)):sp1},{ph}

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 3 : PP(ob200654321)

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|<**2:3*+>(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Incoming calls to SP1 will ring the local phone plus the House OBi.
Outgoing calls will use the local SP1 by default.  **2 + number will use House OBi SP1.
Speed Dial 3 will call the House OBi.

Vincent

Quote from: RonR on January 27, 2012, 02:14:52 PM

Start out with a simple configuration on each OBi with its particular Google Voice account on SP1.  Do not use any Circle-of-Trust.  Then set the following:

200123456 represents the OBiTALK number of the Office OBi and must be set as Speed Dial 2.
200654321 represents the OBiTALK number of the House OBi and must be set as Speed Dial 3.

House OBi:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456>(<+:>(Msp1)):sp1},{ph}

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200123456),ph}

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|<**2:2*+>(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Incoming calls to SP1 will ring the local phone plus the Office OBi.
Outgoing calls will use the local SP1 by default.  **2 + number will use Office OBi SP1.
Speed Dial 2 will call the Office OBi.

Office OBi:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200654321>(<+:>(Msp1)):sp1},{ph}

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 3 : PP(ob200654321)

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|<**2:3*+>(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Incoming calls to SP1 will ring the local phone plus the House OBi.
Outgoing calls will use the local SP1 by default.  **2 + number will use House OBi SP1.
Speed Dial 3 will call the House OBi.

Didn't have any circles of trust setup but to be sure I reset all the setting and after I had the same thing happen, I removed the devices from the website admin tool and configured them using the native local-network web gui. Result ended in the same thing where call initially rings my obi(home) and after 1-2 rings AA kicks in, I select to continue to call and the obi(work) rings. Very bizarre.

Vincent

BTW - does this enable 7 digit dialing or serve some other feature / function? Does it make a difference that I'm testing this configuration on a single /24 network before implementing it into the field? I've tried at the office with both OBI's and now at home with the same results.

Vincent

So I figured out the issue but don't understand why it was an issue. I have my home google voice number setup to ring my mobile phone in addition to the OBI#1 aforementioned (via google chat). As soon as I disabled my mobile phone from ringing, everything worked perfectly. I then reenabled forwarding to my mobile phone via google voice and everything worked great.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the code. Other than the area code question, everything is working great.

Vincent

RonR

Quote from: Vincent on January 27, 2012, 03:23:25 PM
Result ended in the same thing where call initially rings my obi(home) and after 1-2 rings AA kicks in, I select to continue to call and the obi(work) rings. Very bizarre.

The ONLY way the Auto Attendant will answer an incoming call is if an InboundCallRoute contains an {aa} type rule.  I didn't specify any of those, so it must have been the OBiTALK Web Portal putting it/them in.

RonR

Quote from: Vincent on January 27, 2012, 03:29:44 PM

BTW - does this enable 7 digit dialing or serve some other feature / function? Does it make a difference that I'm testing this configuration on a single /24 network before implementing it into the field? I've tried at the office with both OBI's and now at home with the same results.

Yes, the |<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx| rule is for 7-digit dialing.

It shouldn't matter whether the OBi's are on the same or different networks.

RonR

Quote from: Vincent on January 27, 2012, 04:07:16 PM
So I figured out the issue but don't understand why it was an issue. I have my home google voice number setup to ring my mobile phone in addition to the OBI#1 aforementioned (via google chat). As soon as I disabled my mobile phone from ringing, everything worked perfectly. I then reenabled forwarding to my mobile phone via google voice and everything worked great.

Any ideas?

There had to have been an {aa} type rule in the office OBiTALK Service InboundCallRoute.  The incoming call to your house OBi rang the local phone and forked it to the office OBi.  After the four second Auto Attendant answer delay, the Auto Attendant answered, cancelling the ringing to your house OBi.

When you decided to remove the OBi's from the OBiTALK Web Portal and configure them manually, did you first reset them to factory defaults to make sure they were starting out clean?

Take a look at the SP2 and LINE Port InboundCallRoute's in both OBi's.  They all should be : ph.

Vincent

Quote from: RonR on January 27, 2012, 05:29:57 PM
Quote from: Vincent on January 27, 2012, 04:07:16 PM

Any ideas?

There had to have been an {aa} type rule in the office OBiTALK Service InboundCallRoute.  The incoming call to your house OBi rang the local phone and forked it to the office OBi.  After the four second Auto Attendant answer delay, the Auto Attendant answered, cancelling the ringing to your house OBi.

When you decided to remove the OBi's from the OBiTALK Web Portal and configure them manually, did you first reset them to factory defaults to make sure they were starting out clean?

Take a look at the SP2 and LINE Port InboundCallRoute's in both OBi's.  They all should be : ph.

I went through the whole route of resetting to factory configurations and starting from scratch. One other variable that I failed to mention was after having the AA issue, and disabling GV from ringing my mobile phone, I *first* dialed my office GV number which rang on both lines. Following that I dialed my home GV number which then rang on both lines. Following, I readded my mobile phone to my home GV number and everything seemed to continue to work.

This is literally all that change from having AA kicking in to stop kicking in. It doesn't make sense to me at all why the steps above would change AA's behavior.

One question: If I wanted to add additional InboundCallRoute, would the syntax follow the aforementioned; e.g. {200123456>(<+:>(Msp1)):sp1},{200234567>(<+:>(Msp1)):sp1},{ph}
ditto with X_InboundCallRoute syntax?

Many thanks again for your solution. Hope others find this helpful.

Vincent

RonR

Quote from: Vincent on January 27, 2012, 05:42:13 PM
One question: If I wanted to add additional InboundCallRoute, would the syntax follow the aforementioned; e.g. {200123456>(<+:>(Msp1)):sp1},{200234567>(<+:>(Msp1)):sp1},{ph}
ditto with X_InboundCallRoute syntax?

That would work, but this is all that's needed:

{(200123456|200234567)>(<+:>(Msp1)):sp1},{ph}

Vincent

Cool. Thanks. Hopefully others that are trying to do the same thing will find your post very helpful.

Judgeless

Quote from: RonR on January 27, 2012, 12:05:01 PM

Do I append this to what is alreday there? 

Should it look like this?

{(290856578)>(xx.):SP1},{(290856578):aa},{ph}{300118364>(Msp1):sp1},{300118364:aa},{ph}

Judgeless

I am not sure this is possible.  I have two OBI boxes both setup with different Google voice accounts.  My goal is anytime some calls my main Google voice number, both OBI boxes ring.  When I make a call from either OBI box it calls out using the main Google voice number.

I tried the setting above and when I make a call out on OBI box 2, OBI box 1 ring.  Could it be set to just pass the call through?

RonR

Quote from: Judgeless on February 12, 2012, 02:40:36 PM
I have two OBI boxes both setup with different Google voice accounts.  My goal is anytime some calls my main Google voice number, both OBI boxes ring.  When I make a call from either OBI box it calls out using the main Google voice number.

The following assumes the main Google Voice number is configured on OBi #1 (200123456), the secondary Google Voice number is configured on OBi #2 (200654321), and the OBiON App (290856578) is to make calls through the main Google Voice number configured on OBi #1.

Incoming calls to the main Google Voice number configured on OBi #1 will ring both OBi's.

Incoming calls to the secondary Google Voice number configured on OBi #2 will ring only OBi #2.

Outgoing calls from either OBi or the OBiON App will go out the main Google Voice number configured on OBi #1 by default.

To make an outgoing call from OBi #2 using the secondary Google Voice number configured on OBi #2, use **1 + number.

OBi #1

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

{(290856578|200654321)>(Msp1):sp1},{(290856578|200654321):aa},{ph}

OBi#2

Judgeless

It is working.  Thanks for the help.  One last question.

The second box does not have a normal ring.  How can I get it to ring normal?