News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problems with International Incoming

Started by Fred, January 27, 2012, 09:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Wondering if this is an issue with the Obi. This morning I was trying to receive a call from a number in Germany and while my cell phone and SIP line did ring, my Obi did not. Is there an issue or configuration needed to received international calls?

Thanks!

Stewart

Look at the OBi's Call History.  If the international call is present, report how it was handled.

If not, you might have Groups set up such that the calling number won't ring Google Chat -- check the history in GV.

If that's not it, either, try shutting down the OBi, bring up Gmail, have your contact call you again.  If Gmail won't ring, it's not an OBi issue and you might try Google support.

If Gmail rings but the OBi sees nothing, check whether anything shows up in syslog, if so, Obihai support may be able to help.

Fonworld is a commercial German VoIP service that offers callback and has a free trial.  I haven't used them, but strongly suspect that a callback to your GV would have a +49xxxxxxxxx caller ID, which should be suitable for troubleshooting this problem.

Stewart

I just did a test, calling into Gmail from a +331xxxxxxxx number (Paris) and it worked properly.  The Germany number has a similar format, so there doesn't seem to be a problem with Google Chat receiving the call.  Sorry, my OBi is not set up for GV, so couldn't test that aspect.

Fred

This is what I have found:

• The Obi does not have a record of the calls in the Call history
  • GV has the calls in its history and all groups are to ring all phones, including Google Talk
I'll try Fonworld  and try to trouble shoot.

Thanks!